Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Camera upload is stuck

cahujacahuja Members, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass

My wife is a plex home user, and I have an automatic camera upload setup. However, this says waiting for upload, and is not uploading the photos. I have tried to reset camera upload once, however it has not helped.

Answers

• hmbarbosahmbarbosa Members Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Flex user permission for the folder you are uploading..? Maybe... Give a try

• cahujacahuja Members, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass

She had something like 4k photos on her phone, and it uploaded 3.5k and stopped. There is enough space in the plex server. She had permissions before, so I am not sure what changed mid process.

• cahujacahuja Members, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass

Ok, so this just resumed uploading on it's own with no explanations.

• cantcachemecantcacheme Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

I'd be interested if anyone has any ideas for this. I have a similar problem... I am the plex pass holder and have set up a home user account for my wife. I set up my phone with the camera upload feature when it is charging and it seems to be doing fine. I set up my wife's phone also with camera upload, however her's just says waiting and that it will upload automatically. I have an android and she has iPhone (which I noticed that some of the fine tuning settings that I had available with my android are not available with her iPhone. I'm not sure if that's because it's an iPhone or if it's because she's a home user.) I checked upload permissions for her account and she has the permissions. There is also adequate space on the drive.
    Has anyone else run across this before? I've searched through a lot of different forum posts, but haven't found anything yet that seems to really address this issue that I'm having. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

• deloveladydelovelady Members, Plex Pass Posts: 24 Plex Pass

I have what sounds like a similar experience. Every time I plug my Samsung Galaxy Tab in, Camera Upload resumes, as it should. But since first initialization about a month ago, it always indicates there are 5 more to upload. 1,006 uploaded. Looking at the Settings status, it bounces between "looking for new photos and videos" and "uploading," about 2 seconds per cycle. Any hints?