If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plexamp keeps opening multiple instances of itself and closing one over and over again.

DecepticonDecepticon Posts: 4Members ✭✭
edited March 29 in Plex Labs

This just started happening today. I open plexamp and I kept getting busy mouse icon every half second and plexamp would not play anything. In task manager I see 4 insatnces of plexamp.exe where one would close and re-open again and again. Rebooted initially, no change. Uninstalled - reinstalled, no change. I can search for music but playing does nothing. I'm running Windows 10 with current updates.

I looked at the log and it appears that plexamp discovers my library on my lan but it the player isn't found in available resources.

Best Answer

Answers

• GHouseGHouse Posts: 89Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Having the same issue with the exact symptoms you described starting a couple weeks ago and had also already tried the same steps to resolve however it is still doing the same thing. Have you found a resolution yet?

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiPosts: 6,979Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Any chance either of you has a "weird" value for the TMPDIR environment variable? Or NODE_ENV?

instagram @elan // the wife's photography site.
    the Medium page // the dog's twitter feed.

• DecepticonDecepticon Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Again, sorry I haven't replied in a timely manner. Not sure of the weird environment variables but removing ALL files related to plexamp (%appdata%\local\Plexamp\Plexamp) after uninstalling and then re-installing resolved the issue.

edited May 10

both client and server side don't have TMPDIR or NODE_ENV environment variables. However TMP and TEMP are both set to
    "C:\Users\ [username]\AppData\Local\Temp" where [username] is my user name.

By the way something strange (and should be unrelated) when I tried to post this I had to add a space between C:\Users\ and [username] in order for it to show the back slash between C:\users and [username] otherwise it looked like C:\Users[username] in the post.

The other symptom I am experiencing is also described in this post https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/318047/plex-amp-blank-interface#latest