Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

MrMC 3.6.0 with Plex for Kodi has been released

2»

Comments

• mrmctvmrmctv Posts: 70Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

no one testing to see if the fixed connect issues ?

• HitsVilleHitsVille Posts: 921Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@mrmctv said:
    no one testing to see if the fixed connect issues ?

Apologies. Is this supposedly addressing the playback failed issues in PfK that Ruuk recently fixed?
    Connect issues seems a little vague?

HitsVille

yes, it includes that fix

@mrmctv said:

Sorry for the delay.
    Still learning my way around MrMC so does or at least should it update automatically?
    Apparently i'm on add on version 1.0.0
    MrMC Version 3.6-2 Git:2018-04-25-4528cc1-dirty.
    If that's the version I should be running then Plex for Kodi still throws up the playback failed issue.

HitsVille

• sonicblue83sonicblue83 Posts: 325Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi, I have heavy stutter and audio drops on every file if I play it through the Plex for Kodi/MrMC addon. All the files play fine if I play them with MrMC native Plex playback. Does anybody have an idea why this happens?

edited May 17

@mrmctv said:

Sorry for the delay.
    Still learning my way around MrMC so does or at least should it update automatically?
    If that's the version I should be running then Plex for Kodi still throws up the playback failed issue. (I'm not really sure if MrMC updating also updates the Kodi add-on or if I need to remove the Kodi add-on then reinstall.
    That said the issue is immediately rectified by removing the bandwidth cap in Plex server settings itself.

Finally going back to an earlier reply to me and your comments about infuse. I just added an Apple TV 4K in addition to my Shield. To be honest I got it to test out Infuse and see what all the fuss is about.
    The Apple device i owned was an iPad 2, so I'm m no Apple fan boy. So getting to the point eventually what surprised me was Infuse left me feeling meh!!! To be honest that's probably mainly down to the current lack of on deck and recently watched.
    What did surprise me was how much I liked the tvOS look.
    So I'm looking forward to see what you have to on offer in 3.7.0 onwards.
    :)

HitsVille

• nigelpbnigelpb Posts: 1,153Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 17

@HitsVille said:
    Finally going back to an earlier reply to me and your comments about infuse. I just added an Apple TV 4K in addition to my Shield. To be honest I got it to test out Infuse and see what all the fuss is about.
    The Apple device i owned was an iPad 2, so I'm m no Apple fan boy. So getting to the point eventually what surprised me was Infuse left me feeling meh!!! To be honest that's probably mainly down to the current lack of on deck and recently watched.
    What did surprise me was how much I liked the tvOS look.
    So I'm looking forward to see what you have to on offer in 3.7.0 onwards.
    :)

I will be interested in your experiences. I am reasonably happy with MrMC on the Amazon Fire TV but I have Macs & an iPhone so would definitely prefer the tvOS look & feel. Infuse looks super slick on the iPhone. MrMC is slightly rough round the edges. They do a good job of porting & skinning Kodi but it's still Kodi underneath with all the XBMC legacy code whereas Infuse has been built from the ground up as a iOS/tvOS media player.

edited May 18

@nigelpb said:

I will be interested in your experiences. I am reasonably happy with MrMC on the Amazon Fire TV but I have Macs & an iPhone so would definitely prefer the tvOS look & feel. Infuse looks super slick on the iPhone. MrMC is slightly rough round the edges. They do a good job of porting & skinning Kodi but it's still Kodi underneath with all the XBMC legacy code whereas Infuse has been built from the ground up as a iOS/tvOS media player.

And that's just it... It seems the world is full of people running android devices who want the cleaner look of iOS and judging by a thread i read earlier on the MrMC forums the rest of the world runs an iOS device with demands for every Kodi skin under the sun. WTF!! (Perhaps just buy the device for the look you need for the look you want...or swap?)

Personally if i wanted a Kodi Skin i wouldn't own a Shield and I wouldn't have just bought an ATV.
    I would simply NOT have put my £400 dedicated HTPC in a cupboard.
    MrMC have done a great job with PlexforKodi but as a Shield owner I can just run PlexforKodi.
    As for my newly bought ATV I guess its just a case of whoever gives me the best Plex experience with a non Kodi look will be the direction I head toward. (Extra Kudos if they make rotten tomatoes the default rating.)
    But that said I do understand why @mrmctv mentioned about the want for an a more iOS looking skin took them by surprise, when as mentioned seemingly everyone running iOS want it to look exactly like Kodi. I just really don't get it.

EDIT:
    What just happened? Here I am with my shiny new ATV 4K and in despair I just decided I may as well look at the standard implementation of Plex on tvOS (for kicks basically). What I didn't expect was to suddenly find a UI that I truly love. Clean, neat and everything like server switching, collections all at one touch. Rotten Tomatoes ratings and reviews all there up front. Actor thumbnails immediately bring up all other movies at one touch.
    Even less did I expect that when playing back a 4K remux that at worst it would only transcode the container and audio track at around 5% CPU usage whilst still maintaining the HDR metadata. The downside being it seems to be leaving the rear channels quiet, but that may just be cause it's late and I'm at low volumes.
    Regardless for everything I have experienced in the last couple of hours then if I have to mux 50TB of data to bring life to the rear channels then I'm on it.

HitsVille

• nigelpbnigelpb Posts: 1,153Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It sounds like the Plex Apple TV UI looks like the Plex Amazon Fire TV 4K UI was before they dumbed it down with that ghastly Android TV UI.

edited May 20

@nigelpb said:
    It sounds like the Plex Apple TV UI looks like the Plex Amazon Fire TV 4K UI was before they dumbed it down with that ghastly Android TV UI.

Yeah I'm not really sure. My g/f has a couple of AFTV's but that's since they changed the UI and tbh she had Roku 3's before so nothing could be worse than that. What I do know is that the tvOS app is by a long long way the best experience (in looks and features) that I have had in all my years of Plex.
    It's definitely my go to app for watching my latest day to day episodes.
    For my UHD HDR remux movies I'm a little more picky. If MrMC offer something that isn't truly ugly as a UI (other than PfK for which I don't even need MrMC) then I will probably going all in with infuse for those particular files or staying with PfK on my Shield.

HitsVille

@HitsVille said:

@mrmctv said:

Sorry for the delay.
    If that's the version I should be running then Plex for Kodi still throws up the playback failed issue.

you are not running the testflight version

edited May 26

@mrmctv said:

@HitsVille said:

@mrmctv said:

Sorry for the delay.

Well I didn't even know what testflight was til now and now I totally get it. :)
    The tvOS style skin looks really slick. :)
    PS. As a paid user on both the ATV 4K and Shield, can I sign up for testflight on both O/S?

HitsVille

@HitsVille said:

@mrmctv said:

@HitsVille said:

@mrmctv said:

Sorry for the delay.

Well I didn't even know what testflight was til now and now I totally get it. :)
    The tvOS style skin looks really slick. :)
    PS. As a paid user on both the ATV 4K and Shield, can I sign up for testflight on both O/S?

See the 1st post in the current testflight thread, it has all the info to get in.

• itzmeitzme Posts: 446Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I’m loving the Plex extention on MrMc. I’d love to know if there are any plans to continue its development with features like:

TvOS top shelf support
    Rotten Tomatoes review snippets
    Thumbnails in the player (ff, REW, etc)
    TV theme show audio

@itzme said:
    I’m loving the Plex extention on MrMc. I’d love to know if there are any plans to continue its development with features like:

TvOS top shelf support
    Rotten Tomatoes review snippets
    Thumbnails in the player (ff, REW, etc)
    TV theme show audio

Well, that's mostly down to @ruuk who is the Plex for Kodi developer.
    TV theme audio has been promised down the line.
    I was pretty sure that thumbnails were available in the native PfK app but maybe my memory is playing tricks, or simply it hasn't been incorporated in the MrMC plugin.

BTW....What device are you running MrMC on?

HitsVille

• itzmeitzme Posts: 446Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks for that info and I'm running MrMc Testflight on ATV4 (standard one for now, 4k soon). The devs and MrMc said they had no plans for Top Shelf at the moment, and that they would look into thumbnails. I hope @ruuk looks in on this thread.

@itzme said:
    Thanks for that info and I'm running MrMc Testflight on ATV4 (standard one for now, 4k soon). The devs and MrMc said they had no plans for Top Shelf at the moment, and that they would look into thumbnails. I hope @ruuk looks in on this thread.

Yeah fair enough as a Shield user with the ability to run Kodi and therefore Plex for Kodi natively on the Shield it's been my go-to app for a while. Not because I think it's amazing it's just a vast improvement on all the other Plex TV-based apps. that I have tried. However recently I got an ATV 4K and was immediately blown away by the default Plex UI. (And yeah I love the RT reviews too). MrMC are making great strides but for me, usage is gonna be limited to things like HDR media that default Plex on the ATV doesn't do.
    The various UI's are down to individual tastes I guess. But having a clean interface, RT ratings and Show themes have really sold me on the ATV 4K running native Plex at least for day to day TV show viewing.

HitsVille

2»