If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[SYNC] not able to Watch sync content on when offline

Pilote123Pilote123 Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited April 15 in Android (mobile)

Hi, i have a problem regarding sync content when offline

initial condition:
-Samsung galaxy s7
-wifi OFF
-data turn ON on the phone (note: I am on a prepaid plan and I DON'T PAY for data. So even if data on the phone is turn ON, I can't receive any info from internet)
-version 6.15.2.4143 (9459e30a)

When i sync some movie and tv show and try to play them locally on my samsung galaxy s7 WHILE ONLINE it play nicely [direct play (synced)] it I turn offline while in the tv show i can still play sync content, even change between movie and tv show (those on the [galaxy s7] sync)

but if while offline I try to switch server, or reload the app the after clearing it from recent app, i can't see [tv show] and [movie] library in the [galaxy s7] local & sync content.

second condition
-Samsung galaxy s7
-wifi OFF
-data AIRPLANE MODE on the phone (note: I am on a prepaid plan and I DON'T PAY for data. So even if data on the phone is turn ON, I can't receive any info from internet)
-version 6.15.2.4143 (9459e30a)

when airplane mode is activated and wifi turn off i can see both library and play it flawlessly, but now i can't received any call :(

it look like when airplane mode is off it think it's connected to the internet and try to contact the main server even if can't reach anything it wait indefinitely a respond instead of turning in offline mode after a certain time. this bug appear sometime in 2017 because before i was able to play sync file smoothly without airplane mode

I have tried to select external AND internal storage with no difference

does someone know why it always try to contact the main server without any timeout because it is really not convenient to put my phone in airplane mode

Answers

• Pilote123Pilote123 Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Nobody have any idea?

• Pilote123Pilote123 Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

up? someone can fix this please