If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

10-bit HEVC Playback Problem, Android TV & Android Tablet

Mysterious-Mysterious- Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited April 12 in Android (mobile)

When i try to play a video i never get a video playback its all goes grey or green, and its direct play. On the web version it is ok, but with Android TV & Android Tablet this problem happen.

Answers

• Mysterious-Mysterious- Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Bump
    Bumpp

Any devs gonna reply? Android Tv & normal apk still needs fixing with the apps

• counterfitcounterfit Posts: 90Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Does your device support 10 bit HEVC decoding? Or should it be transcoding and isn't?

Hi thank you for the reply :). I'm using the nvidia shield tv, when i load a 4k movie or any other 10bit HEVC videos. The screen goes black and the loading orange bar just keeps going forward as if the movie was playing. Also when i use Samsung Galaxy S2 same thing happens also it goes into a grey screen. I'm using plex cloud, my movies are from google drive.