If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

DNS Not working

Hey guys, so I recently started setting up plex connect. I am currently running everything off of Windows Server 2016.

My logs show that it gets to the
Mar 31,2018 19:00:21 WebServer: WebServer: Serving HTTPS on 192.168.1.11 port 443.
Mar 31,2018 19:00:21 WebServer: ***

Then once I go into DNS on my apple TV, add this machine as the DNS it doesn't do anything at all. I've tried adding a firewall rule, disabling firewall completely and I'm still not able to get it working.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Answers

• moody_bluemoody_blue Posts: 3,221Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

The best way to detect if PlexConnect DNS's service is running Ok is to:
    1. Point DNS (in ATV) to the IP of PlexConnect
    2. Reboot ATV
    If DNS service is Ok the ATV will show all Apps after reboot. If not, it will only show Computers and Settings

Pls post the whole PlexConnect.log file.

QNAP TS-253A 4G QTS 4.3.4.0569 + PMS 1.13.1.5063 + QPython2 2.7.12.0 + PlexConnect 0.6

TV Sony KDL-32V2500 (720p) + aTV3 Rev. A firmware 7.2.2 + Denon AVR-1604 A/V Receiver 5.1 + Harmony Touch

Portables 1x iPad4, 2x Android phone, 1x Android tablet, 2x PMP on Win10

No support via PM unless requested by me