If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

One Year Since 1.8 and No Hard Plan = Dead in my Book

Pil71Pil71 Posts: 322Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

PMP v2 is looking more like a more attractive option, lots up feature updates and bug fixes in recent months... bye bye OpenPHT

Answers

• jwaltrip4jwaltrip4 Posts: 595Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

PMP does not integrate well with WMC....

OPHT still does what I want it to, plays my movie catalog with no issues.
    Plex BLack Edition looks great.

I don't need the latest bells and whistles...

• nielsvdpnielsvdp Posts: 65Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Agreed - OpenPHT is still going strong at home. I really do not require any new things..

• treboR2RoberttreboR2Robert Posts: 290Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I want openPHT v2 for 4k HDR playback at 24p

Using a Rock64 ?

treboR2Robert    AKA    Mr. Grumpy

PMS ( FreeNAS 9.10.2-U6 ) ( manual jail )    Plex for LG (OLED B7)     Rasplex ( Raspberry Pi 3 model B x2¦ ( Raspberry Pi 2 model B x2 )           

• plexburkeplexburke Posts: 492Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Pil71 said:
    PMP v2 is looking more like a more attractive option, lots up feature updates and bug fixes in recent months... bye bye OpenPHT

Peace out

• devdev Posts: 98Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plex on Apple TV killed it for me. Now I have Netflix, Plex, nba and YouTube all in one device. Sweet. But I liked openpht interface better anyway, dang it :/

• AlitchyAlitchy Posts: 157Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 18

Still loving OpenPHT. As long as Plex doesn't do something on the back end to prevent it from working, I'll use it in my theater. The array of settings allowed me to customize it to exactly meet my needs and desires. These included extremely fast browsing of cover art listings of only the media I want to see (TV and movies), hiding plot synopsis of unwatched shows, only playing custom trailers before movies, custom transport bar and subtitle locations based on aspect ratio of the show, and much more.

I downloaded the latest PMP and it looks like they changed a few things, but the interface still requires you to display libraries even if you don't want them, puts their discovery hubs front and center, and other things that necessitate far to many clicks to just play a show. Then there are little things that annoy me, like when you scroll through a library's cover art rapidly it just shows grey boxes, and the delay in displaying them as you navigate in and out of info screens.

The features that PMP has over OpenPHT that I see are collections (would be nice), DVR (fragile, fails to consistently record scheduled shows) and Live TV (Nice when event shows like the Superbowl come around, but my viewing habits have evolved past watching anything in real time for everything else.) None of these are important enough, or solid enough to draw me away from OpenPHT.

I would consider OpenPHT 1.8 perfect for my needs, it might not be adding features, but they just nailed everything that was important to me because it was created with allowing the end user to customize the experience in mind. PMP ? Not so much...

• yoghovyoghov Posts: 136Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@dev said:
    Plex on Apple TV killed it for me. Now I have Netflix, Plex, nba and YouTube all in one device. Sweet. But I liked openpht interface better anyway, dang it :/

Same here. I bought an ATV 4K to test and never went back. I ditched my Mac mini and Harmony remote, too. Very happy with the setup, have everything under one roof with much better playback and picture quality than I had on Mac mini. The Plex client has a couple bugs on ATV, but they don’t bother much.