If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Is the Rock64 SBC an option for OpenPHT v2 ?

treboR2RoberttreboR2Robert Posts: 290Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@kwiboo

Will the new version of OpenPHT work embedded on a Rock64 single board computer ?

I ask as this seems to be the only one to support HDR

treboR2Robert    AKA    Mr. Grumpy

PMS ( FreeNAS 9.10.2-U6 ) ( manual jail )    Plex for LG (OLED B7)     Rasplex ( Raspberry Pi 3 model B x2¦ ( Raspberry Pi 2 model B x2 )           

Answers

• benjaminwolfbenjaminwolf Posts: 993Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@treboR2Robert said:
    @kwiboo

Will the new version of OpenPHT work embedded on a Rock64 single board computer ?

@kwiboo was working on just this in the last few months with Plex Inc staff as well. There will be a release for it eventually.

Enjoy Rasplex/OpenPHT? Consider dropping some bones into our development war chest! $25, $10, $5, or even $1 helps. All donations go toward development expenses so our volunteers spend less out of pocket. rasplex.com

• treboR2RoberttreboR2Robert Posts: 290Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@benjaminwolf said:

@treboR2Robert said:
    @kwiboo

@kwiboo was working on just this in the last few months with Plex Inc staff as well. There will be a release for it eventually.

What about this new OpenPHT 1.9 release from @veisen ?

I thought he had taken over from @Kwiboo for OpenPHT development ?

PMS ( FreeNAS 9.10.2-U6 ) ( manual jail )    Plex for LG (OLED B7)     Rasplex ( Raspberry Pi 3 model B x2¦ ( Raspberry Pi 2 model B x2 )           

@Kwiboo hasn't posted anything on here since November 2017

• KwibooKwiboo Posts: 197Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@treboR2Robert said:

Correct, I have taken a break from OpenPHT/RasPlex for the past year and have been focusing on working with more hardware close development to help bring Rockchip support to LibreELEC and Kodi.
    I am slowly refocusing on OpenPHTv2 development again and are currently waiting on the big wave of architectural changes in Kodi Leia to slow down.

OpenPHT/RasPlex 1.9.0 work is mainly aimed at bringing Raspberry Pi 3B+ support, merging pull requests that have been open for some time, upgrading embedded to LibreELEC 8.2 and adding debian stretch + ubuntu bionic linux builds. Will be finalized when LibreELEC 8.2.5 is released in coming days/weeks.

@Kwiboo said:

@treboR2Robert said:

Correct, I have taken a break from OpenPHT/RasPlex for the past year and have been focusing on working with more hardware close development to help bring Rockchip support to LibreELEC and Kodi.
    I am slowly refocusing on OpenPHTv2 development again and are currently waiting on the big wave of architectural changes in Kodi Leia to slow down.

OpenPHT/RasPlex 1.9.0 work is mainly aimed at bringing Raspberry Pi 3B+ support, merging pull requests that have been open for some time, upgrading embedded to LibreELEC 8.2 and adding debian stretch + ubuntu bionic linux builds. Will be finalized when LibreELEC 8.2.5 is released in coming days/weeks.

Welcome back @Kwiboo good to see your still around.

So this version of OpenPHT that @veisen has released is different to yours ?

What platforms will your OpenPHT 1.9 work on apart from Rpi3B+ ?

I have loved your Rasplex builds for years and used them exclusively but now I have a 4k HDR tv i need something other than a pi.

Is there anything that your version of OpenPHT 1.9 will work on that supports 4k and HDR10 ?

Since I saw @veisen's release I have been looking for a Amlogic s905x box but I am struggling to find a decent quality one, they all seem to be quite old sold out.

So yeah what can we install your OpenPHT 1.9 on that will play 4k HDR, I need to buy something !

Thanks again for all your good work :)