If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Accessing Live TV & DVR server settings

KietroKietro Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The server settings menu (Home>Server>Settings>)for my PMS on my Nvidia Shield TV Pro don't show a "Live TV & DVR" option. (My other 2 servers--a Mac and a Windows PC--do display the option, though.) Does anyone know why this may be or what I'm doing wrong?

Just got the Shield today. Plus I'm generally inept. Any help would be appreciated.

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• KietroKietro Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks so much for responding. That's actually the first thing I did when setting it up. (I just checked again to make sure their aren't any updates to the Plex app in the Google Play Store.)

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. From my computer, when I select my Mac- or PC-based Plex Media Servers, I can see "Live TV & DVR" in the server settings menu (under "Extras"). But when I select the Shield, "Live TV & DVR" are missing. (BTW, I have an HDHR Connect, which is working fine with the HDHR app.)

• KietroKietro Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks! I'm as grateful as I am dumb. I didn't realize I needed to go to the Google Play Store on another device to install the latest version of Plex Media Server on the Shield. (I'm new to the Google ecosystem. Hopefully I'll get my act together.) Everything's working perfectly now. Sorry you had to explain twice for it to get through my thick skull. I really appreciate your help.