If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

OpenPHT 1.9 based on LibreELEC 8.2 MULTIPLE DEVICES AML S805 S905 S912 RPi WeTek ODRIOD

Comments

• veisenveisen Posts: 16Members ✭✭

Cec working good hdr working good and if atmos working on the libreelec in this build must working 2 bcs all libraries are from last build of libreelec

I will release builds for next devices when i have free time

• treboR2RoberttreboR2Robert Posts: 296Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@veisen said:
    Cec working good hdr working good and if atmos working on the libreelec in this build must working 2 bcs all libraries are from last build of libreelec

TOP MAN !!!

Thanks again for doing this.

I will get on amazon now and order either a 905 or 912.

What box do you use ?

treboR2Robert    AKA    Mr. Grumpy

PMS ( FreeNAS 9.10.2-U6 ) ( manual jail )    Plex for LG (OLED B7)     Rasplex ( Raspberry Pi 3 model B x2¦ ( Raspberry Pi 2 model B x2 )           

order 905

912 have problem with drivers

@veisen said:
    order 905

912 have problem with drivers

ok thanks.

the 905x is only 10/100 ethernet though right ?

standard 905 doesn't do HDR ?

so just the 905d with gigabit ethernet and HDR support ?

thanks again

PMS ( FreeNAS 9.10.2-U6 ) ( manual jail )    Plex for LG (OLED B7)     Rasplex ( Raspberry Pi 3 model B x2¦ ( Raspberry Pi 2 model B x2 )           

all version of 905 support hdr it is bcs 905 have got android 5.1 android 5.1 does not support HDR and 10bit

this builds of LibreELEC are builded on android 6 kernel and bootloader

android 6 build support 10bit and HDR

there are 4 version of 905 boxes

all 905 boxes are in 100 and 1gbit variant

i have 10/100 s905 with new bootloader and i havent got problem with HDR and 10bit video

i have this box

https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_366819.html?admitad_uid=b9dc69fb89dae5c56b5ab1a53bb127bf&utm_source=admitad&utm_content=191425

• AleeyardAleeyard Posts: 1Members

@veisen Appreciate what you are doing buddy, I'm glad someone is doing something.

I mainly use OpenPHT on Odroid C2 and I'm not an developer. So I don't know what's changed on the code side.
    Here is the few things that changed or fixed(for me):

• IR remote is working out of the box(on 1.8 needed few file changes)
    • IR remote's shutdown button function not working correctly(doesn't turn off the TV, IR remote stops working after I press the power button)
    • No sound at all(HDMI/HDMI2.0 no sound on TV, tried to connect to the stereo speaker still no sound. In the settings I don't see the all audio channels. Ex: If I plug HDMI and stereo speaker, I'm only seeing the stereo speaker)
    • Audio passthrough doesn't work
    • 'Failed to load kernel modules' bootloader error fixed
    • Can't change resolution to 4k, only going up to 1080p
    • No UI changes

And here is the few suggestions to fix/add:

• Fix for this big bubbles(how to create: skin settings > libraries > show big posters)
    • Movies collection support
    • Show cast/actors on details
    • Show related movies/shows

Thanks,
    Red.

• prisoner881prisoner881 Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 10

@Aleeyard said:
    @veisen Appreciate what you are doing buddy, I'm glad someone is doing something.

I mainly use OpenPHT on Odroid C2 and I'm not an developer. So I don't know what's changed on the code side.
    Here is the few things that changed or fixed(for me):

• IR remote is working out of the box(on 1.8 needed few file changes)
    • IR remote's shutdown button function not working correctly(doesn't turn off the TV, IR remote stops working after I press the power button)
    • No sound at all(HDMI/HDMI2.0 no sound on TV, tried to connect to the stereo speaker still no sound. In the settings I don't see the all audio channels. Ex: If I plug HDMI and stereo speaker, I'm only seeing the stereo speaker)
    • Audio passthrough doesn't work
    • 'Failed to load kernel modules' bootloader error fixed
    • Can't change resolution to 4k, only going up to 1080p
    • No UI changes

And here is the few suggestions to fix/add:

• Fix for this big bubbles(how to create: skin settings > libraries > show big posters)
    • Movies collection support
    • Show cast/actors on details
    • Show related movies/shows

Thanks,
    Red.

I have two ODroid C2's using OpenPHT. I upgraded one of them to the 1.9. Many of the things you mention as not working are working fine for me. I can verify:

• No Sound - My sound is working perfectly using the HDMI output to my Pioneer receiver
    • Audio Passthrough - mine is working perfectly for DTS-HD Master, TrueHD, etc.
    • Failed to load kernel module - no such error for me
    • Can't change resolution - I haven't tried this yet
    • No UI changes - haven't tried this either
    • IR remote - odd you say 1.8 required changes out of the box to work since mine worked fine right out of the box. I haven't upgraded the one that uses the remote yet so I can't verify any IR-related issues.

It might be worth noting I did not do any kind of in-place upgrade. I wiped the SD card completely and did a fresh install of 1.9.

I can report my HardKernel-supplied IR remote works fine with the 1.9, as does 4k playback and UI resizing.

@veisen said:

LibreELEC based on android kernel ????
    I thought it was just plain old linux kernel.
    Didn't realise libreelec or openpht had anything android ?

@prisoner881 said:
    I can report my HardKernel-supplied IR remote works fine with the 1.9, as does 4k playback and UI resizing.

How about HDR does that work on the Odroid C2 ?

@treboR2Robert said:

@prisoner881 said:

I don't have an HDR-capable TV to test it with but my understanding is the ODroid C2 does not support HDR output due to hardware limitations in the HDMI. If someone has better info feel free to chime in.

I'm looking hard at the new ODroid N1 which is a huge upgrade over the C2 but at the moment it includes a lot of stuff (SATA ports, for example) I don't need and the $110 price is a bit much. They're talking about a 2GB RAM "N1 Lite" version without SATA ports for $75 and that's much more my speed for a media player.

@prisoner881 said:

@treboR2Robert said:

@prisoner881 said:

I don't have an HDR-capable TV to test it with but my understanding is the ODroid C2 does not support HDR output due to hardware limitations in the HDMI. If someone has better info feel free to chime in.

That's what I thought too.

From what i read only s905x, s905d and s912 support HDR.

But @veisen says that all s905 support HDR ?

Odroid C2 has got a s905 right ?

Another thing I am unsure about is whether this new version ( OpenPHT 1.9 ) is based on android or linux.

The old OpenPHT 1.8 and Rasplex 1.8 was based on linux right ?

I was trying to avoid android if I could.

Before I came across this I was looking a Vero 4k box runing OSMC Kodi and then using PlexKodiConnect.

I am so confused as to what I should buy.

Kinda decided to go for a s912 like the minix u9 but then @veisen said there is driver problems.

s905 like a Odroid C2 I am not 100% sure supports HDR.

The s905x like Nexbox A95X don't have gigabit lan.

:s headache :s

edited April 10

@veisen said:
    all version of 905 support hdr it is bcs 905 have got android 5.1 android 5.1 does not support HDR and 10bit

i have 10/100 s905 with new bootloader and i havent got problem with HDR and 10bit video

i have this box

https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_366819.html?admitad_uid=b9dc69fb89dae5c56b5ab1a53bb127bf&utm_source=admitad&utm_content=191425

your box has got the s905x so HDR should be fine !

It is the boxes with s905 that i think do not support HDR

edited April 11

@treboR2Robert said:

@veisen said:

LibreELEC based on android kernel ????
    I thought it was just plain old linux kernel.
    Didn't realise libreelec or openpht had anything android ?

Android kernel = Linux kernel .......

Android is Linux based OS

All linux kernels for all android based devices are based on original android kernels

edited April 11

@treboR2Robert said:

@veisen said:

i have this box

your box has got the s905x so HDR should be fine !

It is the boxes with s905 that i think do not support HDR

I have s905 box and s905x bootloader ......

Next release will be based on nougat kernel .... Nougat kernel have full 4k support hdr10 over hdmi2.0

I have to unfortunately announce the audio sync/lag bug is still present in the 1.9 build :-( . I was hoping it was squashed.

In case anyone doesn't know of the bug, the audio gradually falls out of sync with the video, usually with HEVC streams and not with H.264 streams. Stopping and restarting the video re-sync's things but they will gradually fall out of sync again, especially if you pause the video and unpause it.

@prisoner881 said:
    I have to unfortunately announce the audio sync/lag bug is still present in the 1.9 build :-( . I was hoping it was squashed.

In case anyone doesn't know of the bug, the audio gradually falls out of sync with the video, usually with HEVC streams and not with H.264 streams. Stopping and restarting the video re-sync's things but they will gradually fall out of sync again, especially if you pause the video and unpause it.

Is that just on the Odroid C2 ? Or does it affect all s905 / s905x devices ?

edited April 11

Struggling to find a decent s905x box :(

It seems like the Nexbox A95X and Nexbox A5 are decent ones but nowhere has any for sale except for a few on ebay which I am unsure are real Nexbox or cheap copies.

Really don't want to buy a Nvidia Sheild :s