If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex VR Transcoding/Play Version

narenhnarenh Posts: 7Members ✭✭

Lovin' the VR app! However, I'm noticing that all my HEVC and/or HDR videos fail to play. I know transcoding 10-bit HEVC is still a little iffy, but I actually have duplicates of all my HDR videos (usually 1080p h.264) that I really wish I could either choose (as in "Play Version" which is available on other platforms), or be automatic fallbacks if HEVC playback fails. Even SDR 8-bit HEVC seems to fail and at sub-4K resolutions my server has no problems transcoding it for any other device.

PS-totally unrelated but I wish the maximum screen size wasn't so small in all 3 environments!

Best Answer

Answers

• d2dynod2dyno Posts: 139Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I agree, we need proper quality settings/version settings in VR. Even my VR videos which are in 4K, can only be downscaled to 720p lol. I have optimized versions in 1080p for them but can't play.

d2dyno

• narenhnarenh Posts: 7Members ✭✭

Thank you! I don't have a VR device to test with right now but hoping to get a replacement very soon. I never tried selecting the "SD" option, but will definitely do that as soon as I can, will report back here.