If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Conversations inaudible on PS4, work perfectly on laptop

DwergDwerg Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello everybody,

First of all: my apologies if this question is already asked and answered. As a matter of fact, I was quite sure that this was already the case, since I had this problem in the past and was able to find the solution somewhere (over here?) Sadly, I can't seem to find it anymore, so here goes:

With some videos, I have audio problems when playing media on my PS4 via Plex.
Video and audio go fine, but the conversations are completely inaudible. All the other sounds are audible (and loud enough), but when someone starts speaking, nothing seems to happen.

The same files work without a glitch on Plex on MacBook (so it's not the fault of those files).
If I'm remembering correctly, it had something to do with the dolby surround settings that should be turned off or on, but I cannot for the life of me remember how to do that.

Anyone that can help me out? It drives me nuts that I have to revert to my laptop to watch certain videos.

Thanks in advance for the help!