If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

What are the recommended DLNA profile settings for streaming internet radio to PS3?

jcilley97jcilley97 Posts: 23Members ✭✭
edited April 10 in PlayStation

Hi! I recently downloaded rols1's TuneIn2017 Plugin and I am just wondering what dlna profiles are recommended to make everything working for shoutcast streams, local radio things like that. rols1 told me to ask the playstation forums for help. My problems are either the PS3 says the stream is unsupported or it plays and then refuses or it says it works then you play a stream it says unsupported data or if it it will play and have no audio and i think it depends on the codec and/or the container.
here is my profile code:

<DirectPlayProfiles>
       <VideoProfile container="avi" codec="mpeg4" audioCodec="mp2,mp3" />
       <VideoProfile container="mpegts" codec="mpeg1video,mpeg2video,h264" audioCodec="ac3,mp2,mp3,aac" /> 
       <VideoProfile container="mpeg" codec="mpeg1video,mpeg2video" audioCodec="mp2" />
       <VideoProfile container="mp4" codec="h264,mpeg4" audioCodec="aac,ac3" />
       <MusicProfile container="mp3" codec="mp3" />
       <MusicProfile container="mp4" codec="aac,flv" />
       <MusicProfile container="m4a" codec="alac" />
       <MusicProfile container="asf" codec="wmav2,wmapro,wmavoice" />
       <MusicProfile container="flac" codec="flac" />
       <MusicProfile container="ogg" codec="vorbis,opus,speex,flac,oggpcm" />
       <MusicProfile container="adts" codec="aac" />
       <MusicProfile container="wav" codec="pcm,pcm_u8" />
       <MusicProfile container="mpc" codec="mp2" />
       <MusicProfile container="ape" codec="ape" />
       <PhotoProfile container="jpeg,png,gif,bmp,tiff" />
  </DirectPlayProfiles>

If somebody can tell me what I am doing wrong with this profile code that would be greatly appreciated

jcilley97

Answers

• jcilley97jcilley97 Posts: 23Members ✭✭
    edited April 20

Bump. I am sorry for bumping this but I really need help and I don't think you guys at the plex forums care. So my relationship with plex is coming to an end. another thing. I requested an Iheartradio plugin nobody cared to respond. and that was 2 or 3 years ago. I guess the only way you guys would care is either you paid money to plex to get a plex pass or if you help so many people and became a plex ninja so everyone is on your side anyways. but you know, that is a small percentage of people. And people have actual problems they need help with and I don't think the corporate people on your site care to help the smaller users. It sucks So go ahead. ban my plex account. go right ahead. I am just telling the god honest truth. I am ditching you greedy jerks. You will never get my money for a plex pass. I'm Sorry. I will rot I hell before I do that. I won't even accept a trillion dollars to sign up for your crappy services. Your services are crap that don't work with every device and when someone does need help you with a particular device you guys refuse to help them out. so go ahead ban my account idc. I hope some new technology obsoletes you guys and you guys go bankrupt like blockbuster and circuit city. idc

UPDATE: I just saw a smaller user get help. however, it took a month or two for that person to get help. If that person had a plex pass or was a plex ninja I guarantee you guys would answer it within a week or two. IMHO