If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Playback error

jkerrfamilyjkerrfamily Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I cannot play any content from my plugins since last update. What do I need to do?
They all worked two days ago. I also cannot play any of my News. Keep getting playback errors.

Tagged:

Answers

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Posts: 3,735Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited May 9
    1. Restart Plex Media Server to create fresh log files.
    2. Recreate the issue.
    3. Find the corresponding log file(s).
    4. Find the topic for the plugin with an issue and post there, attach the log file(s) as a ZIP file or post them to Pastebin, do not post large log files inline.
    5. Add useful info about your setup, don't just say "latest version", but specify version of Plex Media Server, Plex app(s), OS, etc.
  • pmcarlsonjrpmcarlsonjr Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would have a fairly common problem with the Comedy Central plugin having a playback error. I found just restarting Plex on my source computer fixed the issue.

• krunk4everkrunk4ever Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plex News has also never has worked on Plex Media Player for me. It runs in the browser, but not the Windows client. I'm currently running version 2.10.0.849-e02dbeca on Windows 7 SP1.

• innova521innova521 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 9

Same here, i have a second phone that didn't get the update and works fine. Plex broke the plugins with the latest update on android

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Posts: 3,735Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

These are all not plugin issues. For issues with Plex News, post in the News subsection.

If posting about a specific plugin, use the search option to see if there are any current issues. If not, create a new topic and add as much info as possible (don't post "It doesn't work"), see my previous post.

This discussion has been closed.