If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex client commands via network

bronstonbronston Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've been digging around here and there but I'm not finding what I'm after. Is there a simple way to issues commands over the LAN to the plex server to remotely control the plex client?
Basically what I want to achieve is a networked microcontroller with an IR reciever that will take whatever command from a standard IR remote and pass it along to the plex server kind of like the "remote" option in the android plex app. I'm hoping something like plex-ip:port\command-whatever?client-name&cursorup
Is that something that exists, I don't care if its a get command like that just as long as I can come up with something.

Best Answer

Answers