If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Transcoding DTS to DD 5.1 on Apple TV4

BmarkjonesBmarkjones Posts: 7Members ✭✭
edited April 16 in Apple TV

I've seen references to this on the forum but wasn't able to find instructions. I want to watch movies on Plex running on the latest version of the Apple TV that have DTS sound. My TV outputs to my Sonos Playbar that can't handle DTS so I would like either Plex or Apple TV to transcode sound to DD 5.1.

Can someone explain how to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Mark

Answers

• BmarkjonesBmarkjones Posts: 7Members ✭✭

I figured out the answer to my own question. The solution is that Handbrake will do the audio conversion (DTS to AC3). Very simple to configure this.

Thanks,
    Mark

• T'hain Esh KelchT'hain Esh Kelch Posts: 420Members ✭✭✭

Your Plex server can transcode automatically on the fly. In fact it does this by default.