If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Change keyboard shortcuts via custom input map?

greatwrothgreatwroth Posts: 3Members

I was attempting to change the keyboard shortcuts by creating a custom input map as instructed here but PMP doesn't seem to load the new mapping and instead continues to use the default mapping. Here is a short mapping I created to test

keyboard.json

{
  "name": "Keyboard",
  "idmatcher": "Keyboard.*",
  "mapping":
  {
    "Left": "seek_backward",
    "Right": "seek_forward",
    "Shift\\+Left": "step_backward",
    "Shift\\+Right": "step_forward",
    "H": "play_pause",
  }
}

Answers

• greatwrothgreatwroth Posts: 3Members

Since I can't edit my post I guess I'll put the extra info I forgot here:
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Plex Media Player version 2.8.0

• matthewdiasmatthewdias Posts: 29Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

same issue here. i was attempting to create a bind for mpv's built in screenshot command.

• LongChairLongChair Plex Dev Team Posts: 696Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@matthewdias said:
    same issue here. i was attempting to create a bind for mpv's built in screenshot command.

Binding a key won't be enough to bind mpv commands. PMP will receive it but not forwards it to mpv if it's not implemented :)

Plex Dev Team