If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex App Issue on Samsung TV (UN48J520DAF) - App constantly reboots after selecting user

Looking to see if others are experiencing this odd issue...

App on my Samsung TV started hanging a few days ago and so I removed it and re-installed it. Upon re-install, the app will start, request to be linked to a Plex Account, prompt for user selection, then almost immediately (you see the bar quickly appear where you can select a different server etc.) it reboots the Plex app, re-prompts for user selection, then again immediately reboots the app... Over and over again.

Troubleshooting Steps

Removed the App and re-installed - I've done this multiple times and each time I unplugged the tv, restarted it and then dowloaded the app, re-linked it to my account.

I created a new Plex account with only one server (Version 1.12.3.4973) attached as a "friend" to my master account, and the app works just fine. However, when I share my Cloud server (Version 1.9.1.263) with this new account, it now restarts the app when I try to bring up the Server Options to choose the cloud server.

I have "stopped" my cloud server and have removed the friend/sharing cloud server (1.9.1.263) but my main account still will not work properly with the Samsung TV.

Any suggestions? It has been working quite well previously, other than the typical cloud problems that have plagued everyone.

Samsung TV (UN48J520DAF) TV Firmware Version 1105 (latest version)
Plex App Version 2.009
Plex Server (Version 1.12.3.4973)
Plex Cloud (Version 1.9.1.263)