If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[HELP] .m2ts files playing Apple TV (4th gen, latest OS) - have only sound but black screen

Cool1437Cool1437 Posts: 3Members ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a bunch of home video files from a Sony HD cam that gives me .m2ts. These files when I play them through the plex on IE/Chrome it plays fine with both video and sound. These same files also play perfectly when viewing through plex ios app on iPhone/iPads. However, when I try to play the same files on Apple TV 4 with Plex app, I only can hear sound with black screen. The thumbnails shows fine on Apple TV, so I don't know why its doing that.

Could this be a Plex setting on Apple TV or a setting on my PC 's plex server ??

If anyone have tips/suggestions, please kindly let me know. Thank you !

Answers

• Cool1437Cool1437 Posts: 3Members ✭✭

oops I figured it out. I managed to adjust the HOME STREAMING quality from MAX to 20mb did the trick. But I wonder what MAX means in number terms.