If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Scan Library Files: Music gives me "This server cannot reach the Internet"

ChampaignCowboyChampaignCowboy Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

When i try that option from other libraries, no problems, but from Music specifically I get

Internet Required
This server cannot reach the Internet. Please verify connectivity and try again.

I have internet (as you may note I'm typing this question online). I can watch and listen outside my home too. This isn't my router, or port forwarding, as all that stuff is working. This is simply so I can get it to acknowledge ONE album I added to my server this morning.

Tagged:

Answers

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 30,950Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

Plex Media Server checks with specific servers (pubsub servers) to see if there is connectivity to the internet - this is needed for Premium Music Libraries

Need to establish which pubsub servers is being connected to

Have you blocked any IP addresses ?

Suggest making sure debug logging is enabled (settings / server / general / show advanced : enable debug logging ticked)

Then restart the server and try again
    Get the server logs zip if you continue to have an issue

Then we can identify which server it is checking and get you to do an nslookup etc

See https://support.plex.tv/articles/200250417-plex-media-server-log-files/

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

Please do not send logs by Private Message unless specifically requested to

• ChampaignCowboyChampaignCowboy Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I made no changes and it's been working the whole time until yesterday. I will turn on logging.

• ChampaignCowboyChampaignCowboy Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Restarting the server itself seemed to solve the issue. Debug logging has been on the whole time.