If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How do I get back?

Here's a newbee question. I am logged in on my PlexPi and I click on whatever and end up on the Internet I don't know how to get back.

Answers

• uglymagoouglymagoo Posts: 898Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

I suppose you installed a prepared SD card image from some shady youtube channel? Sorry, we cannot help you there as we do not know what's in the image. Either ask in the support forum of these guys for help or start from scratch with an official Raspbian image and follow our "official" guide.

http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/309553/plex-media-server-for-armhf-and-arm64-using-debian-or-ubuntu

Official instructions for Plex Media Server on the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 / Banana Pi / ODROID / many more : armhf and arm64 Debian Repository
    My PMS hardware: RPi 2, NVIDIA Shield TV, Intel Xeon

• boa999boa999 Posts: 5Members ✭✭

I was looking for some basic answers none of which should be too hard for a knowledgeable enthusiast. Simple ones like how to quit the Plex GUI and get to prompt. But I did not mean to offend anyone but I can tell you, shady or not, the image works and someone put in some time on it and overall I would recommend it to anyone who does not have the technical ability to do it from scratch but I am sure imaging offends the 'purists'.

I built my first computer in 1981. I started building and selling computers in 1982. I became did contract work for Swan, CompuiAdd and then Dell. Dell taught me to image. When you sell a few hundred a week you use images. And I can tell you that creating an image to properly install on several different configurations is a skill. So I can't disparage the efforts of the creator of the PlexPi image as being shady. There are few people that can write the script to do this. I certainly have respect for a fellow who can write an install script to capture a drive and auto-mount it. Furthermore it can mount as many external drives as I connect. Can you write such a script? If not maybe you can exercise some respect for those who can and drop the shady reference.

• eckartheckarth Posts: 491Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 18

Peace!

Take a breath and calm down, please.

But, there is too little information in these two sentences: "I am logged in on my PlexPi and I click on whatever and end up on the Internet. I don't know how to get back." Can you please be more precise.

• boa999boa999 Posts: 5Members ✭✭

Sorry about that but I will always stand up for others unless I have evidence they are not honest. You might want to take a look at the image. Personally I am not thrilled but it is almost idiot proof and I see a lot of users are having problems setting up Plex on command line. So I would recommend it for those not Linux literate.

I will not ask any more questions based on the other guys software. I will give your instructions a go soon.My Unix is more than rusty so I expect some problems but before I start I would like to know if your implementation allows a hard drive connected directly to the Pi? and is the drive accessible from the network?

• uglymagoouglymagoo Posts: 898Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja
    edited April 20

@boa999 said:
    I would like to know if your implementation allows a hard drive connected directly to the Pi? and is the drive accessible from the network?

Of course :D The official Raspbian image is essentially a default Debian Stretch. It's configured like any other Debian server out there. Have you ever used Ubuntu or Debian? Raspbian is essentially the same.

Edit: and if you really do not like the bash and want a fancy NAS like UI take a look at OMV (openmediavault). It also has a Plex server plugin and is available for the Raspberry Pis.

Official instructions for Plex Media Server on the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 / Banana Pi / ODROID / many more : armhf and arm64 Debian Repository
    My PMS hardware: RPi 2, NVIDIA Shield TV, Intel Xeon