If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

URGENT NOTICE: PMS Crashes on the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 on Raspbian --> Fix with rpi-update

uglymagoouglymagoo Posts: 898Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

The currently deployed Raspbian Linux kernel package raspberrypi-kernel in version 1.20180328-1 contains a bug that renders PMS on all Raspberry Pis useless at the moment. Please either migrate back to a 4.9 kernel or update your kernel with rpi-update to a newer development kernel. As soon as Raspbian updates their kernel package just install the new package and you will automatically migrate back from the development kernel to the stable one.

I will remove this announcement as soon as this bug is fixed in Raspbian.

Official instructions for Plex Media Server on the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 / Banana Pi / ODROID / many more : armhf and arm64 Debian Repository
My PMS hardware: RPi 2, NVIDIA Shield TV, Intel Xeon

Comments

• uglymagoouglymagoo Posts: 898Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja
    edited April 19

raspberrypi-kernel has been updated, version 1.20180417-1. @all please update with apt and provide feedback :)

Official instructions for Plex Media Server on the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 / Banana Pi / ODROID / many more : armhf and arm64 Debian Repository
    My PMS hardware: RPi 2, NVIDIA Shield TV, Intel Xeon