Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Support for DS118 - Realtek RTD1296

bleek00bleek00 Posts: 1Members

Hi,

When Plex server will support Synology DS118 with Realtek RTD1296 CPU - ARMv8?

Thank,

Answers

• trumpy81trumpy81 Posts: 11,040Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Regards,
    Andy M.

My Equipment: Synology DS1813+ | Panasonic TH-L42ET60A & TH-55DX600U | Windows 10 Professional 64Bit PC's | Raspberry Pi 2's & Odroid C2 with OpenPHT

Device Profiles | File Naming in Plex | NAS - Plex Compatibility Guide | What CPU does my NAS have | Synology FAQ's page | Tips & Tricks
  • twisted-pixeltwisted-pixel Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

disappointing that there is stlll nothing after 6 months!!

• Attoy_Attoy_ Posts: 1Members

Also no news since the 6th March? :(

• valandro75valandro75 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It's a shame!
    It is not possible that a serious company like Synology is not able to solve the problem!

• korvin83korvin83 Posts: 1Members

I unsubscribed from PlexPass because I see no reason to pay for services that I can not receive within 6 months, Plex disappointed with my inaction for supporting the processor RTD1296

• trumpy81trumpy81 Posts: 11,040Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

If you had done your research before purchasing an unsupported product then you would not be in this predicament now would you?

You cannot blame Plex for that, they still have a lot of work to do and there is no guarantee that it will ever be done. Plex have not officially announced ANY support for ARMv8 processors.

We can only hope they do support them, but that is going to be a long slow road to travel.

Next time, do the research.

Regards,
    Andy M.

My Equipment: Synology DS1813+ | Panasonic TH-L42ET60A & TH-55DX600U | Windows 10 Professional 64Bit PC's | Raspberry Pi 2's & Odroid C2 with OpenPHT

Device Profiles | File Naming in Plex | NAS - Plex Compatibility Guide | What CPU does my NAS have | Synology FAQ's page | Tips & Tricks

Your arguments are weak!
    At Plex I expect it to support any product that companies like Synology produce. It was in the past. I expect it to happen again in the future.
    I can not think that products have been developed without adequate support.
    I purchased the NAS in November 2017: the product support was not indicated, but was considered by all plausible!
    I paid Synology. I'm paying Plex. This situation is unjust!

• ChuckPAChuckPA Posts: 22,836Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

@valandro75

Respectfully, review of your account shows no active Plex Pass at this time.

I am the dev who will be porting to the Realtek processors so how can I be of help?

Please DISABLE Verbose logging until requested

Please search before posting

Primary support: Linux, Synology, and QNAP

Please remember to report back. This benefits others.

Useful links

Installation and Basic Setup |  Media Preparation (How to name your media files)  |  Linux Permissions 

Handling TV Specials | Handling Movie extras  |  Nas Compatibility

Reporting Plex Server issues | Plex Media Server FAQ | Linux Tips

Other useful guides: Local Subtitles | The Plex "dance" | Synology FAQ | PMS Release Announcements

Hosts: Fedora, QNAP, Synology, most Linux distros in VM

No technical support via PM unless offered

Please remember to mark the appropriate answer(s) which solved your issue.

Ciao Chuck!
    you can help us finally giving us hope that Plex will be active on the DS118 and on the NAS with Realtek.
    There is no information! There are no scheduled dates!
    Put yourself in our shoes and you can understand our frustration!
    I respect your work, but I would not have made a mistake in wanting to focus on the new DS118 and support for Plex: can you tell us if there are any news? it's been two months since nothing is known.

Thank you!

P.S. in my shoes would you renew the Plex pass? Or would you expect better news?

I changed my mind!

to prove that I care about your work I reactivated my Plex Pass: I want to show you that I want to support you!

I hope I have placed my trust well!

CIAO!

• ChuckPAChuckPA Posts: 22,836Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

Please read between my words.

I can't officially tell you what I'm doing (ever) unless it's something trivial like fixing the package installer or 100% within my scope to do.
    I am waiting for some stuff to be delivered to me. I expect it in the next week or two.

Alles klar? :D

Useful links

Installation and Basic Setup |  Media Preparation (How to name your media files)  |  Linux Permissions 

Other useful guides: Local Subtitles | The Plex "dance" | Synology FAQ | PMS Release Announcements

TUTTO CHIARO! :-)

I wanted to know this!

I'm so happy that now I can not wait for the official release of LEIA ... ;-) ;-) ;-)

Do a good job!!!

CIAO

• v3dran-zgv3dran-zg Posts: 1Members

I'm also waiting for this support so that I can replace my DS115 finally. DS115 is low on specs and Plex is ultra SLOW... New DS118 should be sky high FAST in compare to DS115.

• codingparadoxcodingparadox Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've picked up the QNAP TS-328, which is also based on the Realtek RTD1296, so I'm in the same boat over there. Hoping the post above is a good sign, but right now tempted to return it and have to go get a different NAS. :(

• VeritasEtAequitasVeritasEtAequitas Posts: 1Members

I've bought a DS418 recently. Now someone has recommended Plex as media server, but I had to find out that it isn't supported :/ Looking forward to some solutions!

• trancebergtranceberg Posts: 1Members
    edited June 17

Just a quick thought... I share the frustration with the others by not having Plex for my DS418 however there are many alternatives out there. I'm using Synology Video Station, Emby and Serviio for all the multimedia streaming. Easy to build the library and they are free. I wonder how is that Emby and Serviio were able to update their software to support realtek cpu in a short time but Plex is struggling to do the same. They both work fine with my 4K LG Smart tv and I'm sure Plex will do the same one day.

To each and everyone reading,

I share the frustration as well

I'm doing something as fast as I can

Please read my posts above very carefully. Anyone who's worked with me knows I don't say things lightly.
    Please don't guess, speculate, or ask questions at this time.

When I have something to say or share, you'll all be the first to know

Useful links

• broutzybroutzy Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi
    As French is complicated to read between lines but i undertand that hope is not dead.
    My PMS runs on a old WS beside my brand new ds118 that can't wait to do the same.
    My Electric Company is happy.
    So in Chuck i trust.
    Best luck.