If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Alexa Ask Plex to play......

Mutt117Mutt117 Posts: 5Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Why does plex only play Library Radio when I ask Alexa to play music? and how do I change what Plex plays for Library radio? very frustrating.....

Answers

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 17,434Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

I'm confused by your question. Library Radio just means from a particular library. It is the default that playing a random song will start a Library Radio. You can not specifically tell Alexa what to play, that's the idea behind the radio feature, it's just taken out of your library. You can skip to the "next" song.

• Mutt117Mutt117 Posts: 5Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

ok, I have an audiobook library and a music library. when I ask Alexa to play music she plays only my Audiobooks. how do I fix this?

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 17,434Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

What are you asking exactly? Alexa will try to match your request with PMS and will then playback whatever PMS returns. Remember, right now you can only specify an artist, album, or track. You cannot combine them and ask for a specific track from a specific artist.