If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Unable to Load PLEX over Network (PS4, PS3 and TVs)

ascimecaascimeca Posts: 1Members

Hello,

I have been using PLEX for about 6 months now, so I am still learning about it. I only use PLEX on my local server and run it off of my main desktop computer. I have a fairly new and powerful computer that should have no issues handling the data.

I used PLEX with no issues until late last week where it will no longer load on my TV or Playstation 3 and 4 Apps. When I open the app, it usually gets stuck at the loading screen "..." and usually doesn't make it to the library. Occasionally it will load the library but I have been unable to get it to even attempt to load a video. It also does not even load the posters for the videos.

I've tried updating and restarting the PLEX server and apps. I have no issues running videos from the browser app. I have fiddled a little bit with the server settings, trying to turn down the quality requirements, but this still is not working.

Hoping someone can help point me in the right direction!

Thanks.

Answers

• isidersisiders Posts: 1Members

I just tried to login to my PS4 plex app and get the same error loop.