If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

You closed out the discussion for "Release Notes for Plex for Windows Store" ???

missionspartamissionsparta Posts: 301Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Really? You closed your own thread listing release notes for this product. What in all hell is going on with you clowns? I'll tell you what... if anyone ever applied for a job at my company and had "Plex" listed as part of the experience, I'd laugh in their face. Talk about taking a paycheck and phoning it in.

Comments

• tom80Htom80H Posts: 2,109Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

wow... you're on a rant.
    Are you just throwing a tantrum or are you looking for support/help?
    are you referring to this post in the release announcements forum? https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/62555/plex-for-windows-and-windows-phone/

if you prefer being by yourself ... feel free to ignore me.

• missionspartamissionsparta Posts: 301Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@tom80H said:
    wow... you're on a rant.
    Are you just throwing a tantrum or are you looking for support/help?
    are you referring to this post in the release announcements forum? https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/62555/plex-for-windows-and-windows-phone/

if you prefer being by yourself ... feel free to ignore me.

First off, tough guy ... I am talking about the thread launched by them on this section as seen here:

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/65479/release-notes-for-plex-for-windows-store#latest

Secondly, I am far from alone. Most of us are sick of waiting for them to fix this lemon, and even more sick of them being so silent about them. So, cool your jets, Alice.

• tom80Htom80H Posts: 2,109Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

perfectly fair... it seems this post has been closed and replaced by the link I've posted above.
    admittedly that doesn't change much as there hasn't been an update since... a little less than a year ago.

not such a big fan of what feels to me like a non-constructive rant... not saying I can't see where you're coming from... however I don't believe this will solve anything (except it made you feel better).

@tom80H said:
    perfectly fair... it seems this post has been closed and replaced by the link I've posted above.
    admittedly that doesn't change much as there hasn't been an update since... a little less than a year ago.

not such a big fan of what feels to me like a non-constructive rant... not saying I can't see where you're coming from... however I don't believe this will solve anything (except it made you feel better).

Well, I'm sure many here will support, we have tried many other avenues and nothing is working. We have spent a boat load of time setting up our servers, libraries, and then spent a nice chunk of change on this service and they have just stopped fixing the Window app all together and the Android app is having nothing we mention fixed but instead having features (news, vr) added that no one gives a lock about. There is much left to do other than complain.

• foxprorawksfoxprorawks Posts: 131Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@tom80H said:

The customers have tried being constructive - it got precisely nowhere.

We were told quite a while ago by @ChuckPA that the future under the Windows Phone platform was being discussed by management. However, we've heard nothing about how that is proceeding for quite some time now.

This is par for the course for Plex. Currently, Android users seem to be complaining about the same thing as us - a long list of unfixed bugs that are being ignored by Plex.

• ChuckPAChuckPA Posts: 22,321Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

@foxprorawks

Since you've summoned me to this thread:

1. I've not heard anything back regarding this since having asked
    2. If I take my #PlexHat and set it on the shelf for a minute and look at this as an end-user, I would conclude it's dead and just move on.
    3. Since I can't do that, all I can say is that I will ask again.

Please DISABLE Verbose logging until requested

Please search before posting

Primary support: Linux, Synology, and QNAP

Please remember to report back. This benefits others.

Useful links

Installation and Basic Setup |  Media Preparation (How to name your media files)  |  Linux Permissions 

Handling TV Specials | Handling Movie extras  |  Nas Compatibility

Reporting Plex Server issues | Plex Media Server FAQ | Linux Tips

Other useful guides: Local Subtitles | The Plex "dance" | Synology FAQ | PMS Release Announcements

Hosts: Fedora, QNAP, Synology, most Linux distros in VM

No technical support via PM unless offered

Please remember to mark the appropriate answer(s) which solved your issue.

@ChuckPA said:
    @foxprorawks

2. If I take my #PlexHat and set it on the shelf for a minute and look at this as an end-user, I would conclude it's dead and just move on.

While I totally get what you are saying, there is a ton of people that rely on this for their Surface products. If this was ever going on with a Mac product, it wouldn't be stood for. I just would really love someone on the decision making front to come on here and discuss what a horrible job they are doing, instead of sending people not responsible for this mess, to come into the trenches and take grenades for them. It's cowardly.

• ChuckPAChuckPA Posts: 22,321Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

I'll send up the request again.

Since I'm 'down here' and not 'up there' , that's all I can do.

Useful links

Installation and Basic Setup |  Media Preparation (How to name your media files)  |  Linux Permissions 

Other useful guides: Local Subtitles | The Plex "dance" | Synology FAQ | PMS Release Announcements

@ChuckPA said:

Thanks. In really feel like they think this whole app is toed to the Windows Phone which is totally untrue. It's every tablet, laptop, and the entire Surface Line.

They know it's everything. As a way to get any traction, I asked what could be held off / dropped.

What I got in reply from everyone complaining about UWP was that everything is required and it was demanded all at once.
    I tried to segregate the now-EOL Windows Phone from everything else and was effectively told NO.

I suspect, given this reaction from that last UWP thread I was pulled into, which is ( PURELY CONJECTURE ON MY PART), is that the demands being made were deemed unreasonable and got blown off.

I will therefore attempt to ask this One More Time.

If this cannot be handled in a productive and reasonable manner, this thread and any other threads on this topic will be ignored by me.

Useful links

edited April 30

My question to everyone here is simple:

Given the multitude of facets encompassing the "UWP Platform" fleet, which includes various devices on numerous processor types,

I ask the participants of this thread to define a prioritized list of what comes first.

The overwhelming glob of stuff called "UWP" is divisible and conquerable. It must be done in pieces/stages. This is how it can and will be resolved if it's going to be resolved at all.

Think me harsh if you will, but at the first statement saying Everything is first priority, or first rant of any kind whatsoever, the discussion will be ended.

Useful links

@ChuckPA said:

Thanks @ChuckPA - none of this is a dig at you.

@ChuckPA said:

Given the multitude of facets encompassing the "UWP Platform" fleet, which includes various devices on numerous processor types,

I ask the participants of this thread to define a prioritized list of what comes first.

The overwhelming glob of stuff called "UWP" is divisible and conquerable. It must be done in pieces/stages. This is how it can and will be resolved if it's going to be resolved at all.

Think me harsh if you will, but at the first statement saying Everything is first priority, or first rant of any kind whatsoever, the discussion will be ended.

From my point of view, the priority would be to get syncing working on the UWP application.

Other than that, perhaps to improve the overall stability of the application.

@missionsparta said:

@ChuckPA said:
    @foxprorawks

While I totally get what you are saying, there is a ton of people that rely on this for their Surface products. If this was ever going on with a Mac product, it wouldn't be stood for. I just would really love someone on the decision making front to come on here and discuss what a horrible job they are doing, instead of sending people not responsible for this mess, to come into the trenches and take grenades for them. It's cowardly.

Exactly. In this case "moving on" would mean leaving Plex altogether. It's not all about Windows Phone.

• marcelhehlemarcelhehle Posts: 448Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@ChuckPA said:

ChuckPA, I don't mean to offend you, but shouldn't Plex come with exactly that?!?! It's like my car dealer would ask me: "So, the new car is not ready yet. But if you tell me what you need the most, then maybe we can find a deal.".
    I'd laugh into his face and move on to the competition.

In my opinion it's Plex's job

• To build a great product that meets our needs!
    • To excite us!
    • To anticipate where the marked will move to. (Tablets, Phones, Notebooks, ... what will users be buying?)
    • To anticipate what functionality will be requested next year, or in 3 years time.

So far in this regard Plex is lagging behind a lot AND is asking their customers to build a schedule for them.
    Bottom line: maybe you have a look on your own management. I have the feeling that there might be a problem.

Do you want the damn software or are you looking for a reason to whine?

Useful links

• marcelhehlemarcelhehle Posts: 448Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 30

I want you to act like a business and not like a bunch of headless students on their semester project.

You are charging money for that, for heaven's sake!!!

I'm an engineer. I am here as a support staff member and am trying to be your advocate.

I am not responsible for the actions of other.

Do you want my advocacy or don't you?

Useful links

would like to see sync fixed and then a plan to continue support to clean up the app as needed.

• AmazingRando24AmazingRando24 Posts: 1,077Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thank you @ChuckPA for taking time to address this. I'll play around with the app again tonight and come up with a list of bugs that I've found. I'm currently using PMP, but would much rather switch back to the UWP version especially on my portables.

PMS Server: Intel i7-6700 16gb RAM Dedicated Windows 10 PC
    DVR Lineup: Dual HDHomeRun Extend Tuners
    NAS: Drobo 5n2-15tb / Drobo B800fs 24tb

"It's amazing what replacing one faulty network cable will do for your Plex performance!"