Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

You closed out the discussion for "Release Notes for Plex for Windows Store" ???

124»

Comments

  • Just MarkJust Mark Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    @ChuckPA said:

    @lenaxia said:
    >

    "Knowing the Xbox is its own separate build (reference Microsoft architecture table), will a single X86 build only (no ARM) suffice for all other platforms"

    Yes absolutely.

    Do I have concurrence from everyone here?

    Concur

  • foxprorawksfoxprorawks Posts: 141Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    @ChuckPA I think we've kept our side of the bargain here. You asked us to post a poll, we did and we have responses on the poll. Can you give us an update on how this is proceeding on your side?

  • missionspartamissionsparta Posts: 336Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    @foxprorawks said:
    @ChuckPA I think we've kept our side of the bargain here. You asked us to post a poll, we did and we have responses on the poll. Can you give us an update on how this is proceeding on your side?

    This really isn't Chuck's problem, though it is nice he is stepping up. Someone should put the CEO on here to answer questions as to why this product, as well as Android, has been allowed to become the mess they are. Sick of people in charge hiding and ducking their issues and it being dumped in guys, like this, lap.

  • ChuckPAChuckPA Posts: 22,836Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

    I'm just getting home and decided to check here.

    1. Chatted with the dev. The work needed was explained to me. I understand the scope (not major) but not the amount of things to change (how many instances).
    2. I forwarded that information + your poll up my chain.
    3. Thank you for doing your part now I'll keep trying to do what I can and get product team attention

    Please DISABLE Verbose logging until requested

    Please search before posting

    Primary support: Linux, Synology, and QNAP

    Please remember to report back. This benefits others.

    Useful links

     Installation and Basic Setup |  Media Preparation (How to name your media files)  |  Linux Permissions 

     Handling TV Specials | Handling Movie extras  |  Nas Compatibility

     Reporting Plex Server issues | Plex Media Server FAQ | Linux Tips

     

    Other useful guides: Local Subtitles | The Plex "dance" | Synology FAQ | PMS Release Announcements

    Hosts: Fedora, QNAP, Synology, most Linux distros in VM

    No technical support via PM unless offered

    Please remember to mark the appropriate answer(s) which solved your issue.

     
  • foxprorawksfoxprorawks Posts: 141Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    Thanks @ChuckPA

  • kd6iczkd6icz Posts: 346Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    Where is this poll? I would love to vote for a nice Windows Store update.... I’ve given the Shield a third and final chance and it’s out! Such a shame too. Great hardware with garbage operating system.

    The XBOX One is garbage. So my only other solution for a set top box that has enough horsepower to play every single codec natively is a PC with decent graphics.

    This is where the Windows app comes in. I have a Gigabyte BRIX with a i7-5775 and Windows 8.1 Pro that would be perfect! If needed I have brand new Media Center upgrade keys I could activate to download the additional codecs needed to support MPEG2.ts

    It’s really getting frustrating that I can’t get a set top playback client that will play anything I throw at it without transcoding.

    Home built Supermicro X99 motherboard with Intel i7-6950x with all 10 cores locked at 4GHz! Each thread scoring 2500 passmark with 128GB 3300 DDR4 and 10Gbps Intel SFP+ NIC. Files stored on QNAP TS-1635 NAS with twelve 6TB WD Reds in RAID6!

  • WilhelmStrokerWilhelmStroker Posts: 1,686Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    @kd6icz said:
    Where is this poll? I would love to vote for a nice Windows Store update.... I’ve given the Shield a third and final chance and it’s out! Such a shame too. Great hardware with garbage operating system.

    The XBOX One is garbage. So my only other solution for a set top box that has enough horsepower to play every single codec natively is a PC with decent graphics.

    This is where the Windows app comes in. I have a Gigabyte BRIX with a i7-5775 and Windows 8.1 Pro that would be perfect! If needed I have brand new Media Center upgrade keys I could activate to download the additional codecs needed to support MPEG2.ts

    It’s really getting frustrating that I can’t get a set top playback client that will play anything I throw at it without transcoding.

    That sounds like you'd be better off with PMP or Kodi with the Plex plugin rather than the store app, as the store app is more limited in what it can play.

  • mike4001mike4001 Posts: 567Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    Lol

    Who is this ChuckPA guy?

    We are asking when we get an update to our Windows 10 store app for our Desktop/Surface Pro devices and he turns it around into an discussion about what UWP is and the different aspects of it?

  • solidstate89solidstate89 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    Just voted in the poll myself. x86_64 is the only CPU platform I care for and the app is just easier to use for all the reasons already given. I still use it to this day on my desktop because despite being behind the UI and feature curve from the browser interface, I still prefer it native to the browser. I also keep hoping that the telemetry date will show the Plex devs that we windows app users out there still want an update.

    Windows Phone isn't important anymore as even MS have EOL'd the platform.

  • stanleywinstonstanleywinston Posts: 32Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    with the advent of PWAs, would resources not be more efficiently utilised by making the web app a PWA, adding sync and touch to it then scrapping the store windows app and the non store windows app. The same things are wrong with the web app that are wrong with non store app so fix it in one place.
    Microsoft have begun scraping for PWAs and slapping them in the store anyway so it could still have a presence there.

  • WilhelmStrokerWilhelmStroker Posts: 1,686Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    @stanleywinston said:
    with the advent of PWAs, would resources not be more efficiently utilised by making the web app a PWA, adding sync and touch to it then scrapping the store windows app and the non store windows app. The same things are wrong with the web app that are wrong with non store app so fix it in one place.
    Microsoft have begun scraping for PWAs and slapping them in the store anyway so it could still have a presence there.

    I doubt a Pwa would be able to do sync, and no idea if that would be easy to add.
    The silence coming from Plex is deafening...

124»
Sign In or Register to comment.