plex stops casting after a few mins
recently plex has been acting weird, I am unable to play media locally to either TV for more than a few mins (2-10 mins) after which the tv screen goes black. the artwork appears on the corner along with plex and the current playback position and a buffering wheel.
but it's only when I'm casting to my chromecast tv's on has a "built-in chromecast" the other is a chromecast dongle.
it doesn't make a difference whether the TV is on wireless or if it's on ethernet, nor does it make a difference if I am watching original or downgrading down to 244p. after a few mins, it does it. it works flawlessly on my cell phone (android) through the app and on the laptops (Linux, Windows).
il have to admit I moved the plex folder again. so originally its located in
I moved it to a /mnt/sdb1/plexmediaserver then I added a system link
worked great until that hard drive filled up so I once again moved it to a new hard drive, the same way I did before. removed current symlink and added a new one to the new directory. copied all the files to new directory and turned plex back on.
I thought maybe this was a bandwidth issue but my switch and WAP show low usage memory / CPU / bandwidth, before and during the issue. the server itself has a bonded connection to the switch I doubt I'm hitting the limits on it.
ill attach the logs CPU usage doesn't spike or show any signs of limitations. remotely watching videos at someone else's home via chromecast test hasn't finished yet. ill know in a few...
I've attached the logs, I've rebooted the server before running these tests. so these should be pretty small.
remotely watching it on a chromecast also doesn't work. however, Rokus work just fine