If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Unable to see TV Shows

TreksterTrekster Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi guys,

From what i can hear here the plugin is almost non developed. However, i'm using it and having an issue when trying to see all of my tv shows.

It throws:

20:41:31.424 T:3326079744 WARNING: CSkinInfo: failed to load skin settings
20:41:32.173 T:3326079744 WARNING: Previous line repeats 2 times.
20:41:32.173 T:3326079744 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<-- - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS! Error Type: <class 'plexnet.exceptions.BadRequest'>
Error Contents: (500) internal_server_error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.plex/lib/windows/kodigui.py", line 99, in onInit
self.onFirstInit()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.plex/lib/windows/kodigui.py", line 747, in _onFirstInit
self.onFirstInit()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.plex/lib/windows/library.py", line 480, in onFirstInit
self.fill()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.plex/lib/windows/library.py", line 1227, in fill
self.fillShows()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.plex/lib/windows/busy.py", line 19, in inner
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.plex/lib/windows/library.py", line 1274, in fillShows
jumpList = self.section.jumpList(filter_=self.getFilterOpts(), sort=self.getSortOpts(), unwatched=self.filterUnwatched, type_=type_)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.plex/lib/_included_packages/plexnet/plexlibrary.py", line 182, in jumpList
return plexobjects.listItems(self.server, path, bytag=True)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.plex/lib/_included_packages/plexnet/plexobjects.py", line 516, in listItems
data = data if data is not None else server.query(path)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.plex/lib/_included_packages/plexnet/plexserver.py", line 175, in query
raise exceptions.BadRequest('({0}) {1}'.format(response.status_code, codename))
BadRequest: (500) internal_server_error
-->End of Python script error report<--

Works in other clients just fine, comptability issue with latest server perhaps?

Answers

• TreksterTrekster Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Installed the plugin and Kodi on my laptop.

Worked fine so it's a local problem contained to my Vero 4K/OSMC installation. Tried re-installing but it kept settings etc - is there a way to "reset" the plugin/db?

Further analysis, here is the Plex Media Server log, when it happens:

Apr 30, 2018 20:00:01.387 [0x7fb012111700] ERROR - SQLITE3:0x10, 1, near ",": syntax error
    Apr 30, 2018 20:00:01.388 [0x7fb012111700] ERROR - Soci Exception handled: sqlite3_statement_backend::prepare: near ",": syntax error for SQL: select upper(substr((select, 1, 1)) as c,count(distinct metadata_items.id) from metadata_items left join metadata_item_settings on metadata_item_settings.guid=metadata_items.guid and metadata_item_settings.account_id= 1 where metadata_items.library_section_id=? and metadata_items.library_section_id in (4) and ((select count(*) from metadata_items as leaves join metadata_items as parents on leaves.parent_id=parents.id left join metadata_item_settings on metadata_item_settings.guid = leaves.guid and metadata_item_settings.account_id=1 where (parents.parent_id=metadata_items.id or parents.id=metadata_items.id) and (metadata_item_settings.view_count=0 or metadata_item_settings.view_count is null) and leaves.metadata_type in (1, 4, 10))>=1 and metadata_items.metadata_type=2) group by c order by c

Appears to be some sort of SQLITE error?

Found the problem and a temporary work-around. I'm going to add this to github hoping that someday someone from Plex will fix the problem.

Delete settings.xml in your userdata folder of Kodi. This will re-set the plugin to defaults. Now i can access my TV Shows database.

If i choose unwatched shows only, it shows my unwatched shows. I do like it to show me in descending number how many episodes i have missed, so choosing unwatched shows, sort by unwatched - this will crash the plugin and produce the error above with SQLITE problem.

Running latest 0.1.4 plugin version on Kodi 17.6, OSMC March level patch - Vero 4k. Plex server version 1.13