If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can Plexamp read and use m3u playlists?

Tsm1ttyTsm1tty Posts: 2Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can Plexamp read & use m3u playlist files?
I have m3u's for my entire music library by album. With Winamp I can load multiple m3U playlists into the same session, which is really nice. Can I do the same with Plexamp? Can Plexamp even read m3u files?
Thank you,

Answers

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiPosts: 6,979Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Plexamp is just a Plex player, you'd want the media server to support M3U importing. There is a POST /playlists/upload?sectionID=X&path=Y endpoint which we built that imports M3U8 files, but we haven't exposed it via any UI yet, sadly.

instagram @elan // the wife's photography site.
    the Medium page // the dog's twitter feed.

• Tsm1ttyTsm1tty Posts: 2Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

If "/playlists/upload?sectionID=X&path=Y" is suppose to be a link then its not working.

• nosaj72nosaj72 Posts: 36Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I tried the POST method, but for some reason it only picks up the first file in the playlist. Still investigating.

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiPosts: 6,979Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@nosaj72 ~ let me know, it's possible there's a bug, clearly...

Never could get it to take more than one entry. Tried short playlists (i.e. 3 entries), different encodings, file urls, anything I could think of. Most things came back with an internal server error.

If I tried a 2 item playlist, and the first item pointed to a non existent file, I would get the server error. If the first item was correct and the second item was a non existent file, I would not get an error. My conclusion is that it isn't looking at anything past the first entry.

I'll pass along to the dev, @nosaj72 ~ any chance we could get a sample playlist?

Here is the playlist.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zg2yizc9mybk9ew/PlaylistTest.m3u?dl=0

This is the result:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8gnps5yky2oly8/playlisttest.PNG?dl=0

I'm running server Version 1.13.0.5003 on Windows 10 professional.

• timwojtimwoj Posts: 32Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Hey, dev here. Thanks for the sample that was breaking it. I have a fix in place that will be included in the next release (1.13.1).

Awesome! Can't wait to check it out.

Just to report - upgraded to 1.13.1.5063 and this is now working as expected.

• zotjezotje Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is there any documentation on how this is supposed to work? Do I just need to put my m3u playlists in the root of my music directory?