If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Is it possible to start a movie from terminal?

brandenbassbrandenbass Posts: 1Members

I use rasplex on my autistic son's tv. He has some movies that he likes to watch a lot, and I want to build a little box with arcade buttons that have the movie cover art on them and when he presses the button the movie starts. I understand how to use the GPIO pins to read the button selection, but is there a way to tell rasplex to start a specific piece of media that I can trigger from say a python script or something?

Answers

• videotecaCNSUvideotecaCNSU Posts: 368Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

yes, you have to use the xbmc-send command to control it from terminal

also you need to add the gpio module which it isnt present on rasplex

check my 2 projects of how to use a GPIO button on rasplex and also my Wiimote Addonn were I send xbmc-send commands through the script to control the gui