If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex VR doesn't respond to "trigger" button

narenhnarenh Posts: 7Members ✭✭

The Plex VR app requires you to click the touchpad on the controller for the Oculus Go. Most apps use the index finger trigger button for selection as well. Is this a bug?

Best Answer

Answers

• narenhnarenh Posts: 7Members ✭✭

Huh, okay. Just some feedback then: when I set up my Go and opened Plex, I thought the app was broken for days before I figured out that only by clicking the touchpad does Plex function. Maybe there should be a toast or something to inform users that the app requires a non-obvious input control?

• TeknoJunkyTeknoJunky Posts: 124Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@BigWheel said:
    It is not a bug.

If you have a moment at some point, could you explain why the lack of trigger input is apparently as designed ?

• jdbowerjdbower Posts: 275Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

In another post they describe that there are other plans for the trigger without going into detail as to what they are.

• shastadashastada Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 11

Plex VR is pretty annoying to navigate on the Go. Netflix is flakey as well but less so than Plex. I wish there were more standard interfaces and/or more buttons on the go for simple tasks.

• BigWheelBigWheel Posts: 10,256Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    edited May 16

It is going to be for Push to Talk for Watch together

Logs > https://support.plex.tv/articles/201869908-log-files/