If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Updating the library does not detect changes in the folders.

SanderelloSanderello Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Good evening,
I use plex mainly to have my movie available on all my platforms, but I have a problem (The Plex Media Server is running on OSX 10.13) in more or less one month.
The server does not detect the addition or deletion of new files, in all genres though the update of the library seems to be successful.
I have always kept the server up-to-date, but it always gives me the same problem.
The only solution that I see is to initialize the library from scratch but it would be very difficult to reorganize and I hope there is an alternative solution.

I wanted to know how I can fix this problem. Someone can help me?
Thanks in advance.

Answers

• tom80Htom80H Posts: 2,071Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

assuming you stuck to the naming schema, re-initializing your library shouldn't be that big of a deal... but before we get there, let's try to figure out what's wrong.

• can you describe how exactly you update the library?
    • do you have automatic / scheduled updates configured for your library (Settings > Server > Library)?
    • any potential naming hiccups that could give Plex issues? e.g. https://support.plex.tv/articles/201543057-why-is-some-of-my-content-not-found/
    • can you confirm the folder you're adding/removing files from is actually linked to the library? (I know, that's silly... you'd be surprised ;))
  • SanderelloSanderello Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

can you describe how exactly you update the library?

In addition to the automatic update, of course I also tried the manual update through the menu 'top right (near the clock), and through manual update directly from the brawser by clicking on the item "Film".

do you have automatic / scheduled updates configured for your library (Settings > Server > Library)?

Yes, once a day

any potential naming hiccups that could give Plex issues? e.g. https://support.plex.tv/articles/201543057-why-is-some-of-my-content-not-found/

Thanks for the advice, the problem is that it no longer detects the elements that I delete. It seems completely disconnected
    from the file system.

can you confirm the folder you're adding/removing files from is actually linked to the library? (I know, that's silly... you'd be surprised ;))

It looks like yes, I have not changed any configuration. It just stopped working at any moment, obviously the path from the library settings is correct for each "genre" of video.

Thank you for your attention!

• SanderelloSanderello Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Update: I also tried to create a new section of the library by attaching it to a new folder, but even here it detects nothing. Can someone help me? I wonder how it is possible that the only support for such a system is a forum.

• nicknaylornicknaylor Posts: 2Members

I'm having the same problem with a new mac/new plex install. It doesn't show anything in folders after updating libraries.