If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

The Future of the Plex Client on Windows 10 - A Poll For Customers

foxprorawksfoxprorawks Posts: 131Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

If you could only choose one, which of the following Plex Windows Store (UWP) Client applications would you prefer?

The Future of the Plex Client on Windows 10 - A Poll For Customers 139 votes

X86 (Most desktop PCs and laptops)
78%
flowWeeflixwilliamray507rodalphoidSkarlazybonesjebrumsolidstate89Nicholas.FooteKorni22psg190@gmail.comAshekryptoniantonygoncalvesmcrommerttkittlitzlenaxiasch1308coryskisAl K. Loid 109 votes
ARM (Windows Phone, and the new generation of Snapdragon based Always Connected PCs.)
7%
pusta80richarddc79bryaneparkerMartin.SfoxprorawksHammyHavocKfirschzonedguyTallinHarperunuspromulti 10 votes
I don't have a preference (I have both) so I'll use either/or.
5%
j0nathan33urbanracer34fbuonodraggonguyCodeman20400danezeldmannjr@gmail.com 7 votes
I've moved on / don't care what is decided.
9%
reaper888nosaj72kentboardmanflecomthrosturLittleBromorpheus2n2Leafar3456soupynjplex_gbSams99leonschrpoujanik@gmail.com 13 votes

Comments

• foxprorawksfoxprorawks Posts: 131Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    ARM (Windows Phone, and the new generation of Snapdragon based Always Connected PCs.)

Note: although I have posted this poll, I am not a Plex employee.

• WilhelmStrokerWilhelmStroker Posts: 1,682Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've moved on but still voted for x86 as I still have a vague hope that the UWP app will get some love from Plex.

• lenaxialenaxia Posts: 446Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I posted this to the Plex subreddit. If people can upvote it there, we can increase the visibility of the thread: http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/319445/the-future-of-the-plex-client-on-windows-10-a-poll-for-customers#latest

Media Server: 14TB RAID6 Synology RS2416+ | Windows 10 Pro under Hyper-V | Intel i7-3770S | 32GB DDR3
    Playback Devices: Surface Pro | Nokia Lumia 950 | Xbox One | ChromeCast | 2x HTPC
    Plex for Windows Logs | PMS for Windows Logs | Media Naming Guide | Generating Sample Media
  • Tomcat_AL200Tomcat_AL200 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I use the UWP app across 3 Surface devices, please flesh out the application like the .exe version is, I would love to be able to do all of my library management from the touch platform instead of having to have 3 version on my pc, Plex UWP, Plex Media Player, and Plexamp.

• missionspartamissionsparta Posts: 301Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The problem here is, I think the vast majority of users of this ecosystem are in No4....which means they aren't even in this forum anymore. They chased them off and those people don't know there is still a chance to actually get this thing working. I wish iOS say this type of treatment for a while...and then watch the uproar.

Well, thats definitely pretty clear on where people want things to go. 78% for x86 (#1 (34 votes) + #3 (4 votes)) so far.

Media Server: 14TB RAID6 Synology RS2416+ | Windows 10 Pro under Hyper-V | Intel i7-3770S | 32GB DDR3
    Playback Devices: Surface Pro | Nokia Lumia 950 | Xbox One | ChromeCast | 2x HTPC
    Plex for Windows Logs | PMS for Windows Logs | Media Naming Guide | Generating Sample Media
  • WilhelmStrokerWilhelmStroker Posts: 1,682Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@missionsparta said:
    The problem here is, I think the vast majority of users of this ecosystem are in No4....which means they aren't even in this forum anymore. They chased them off and those people don't know there is still a chance to actually get this thing working. I wish iOS say this type of treatment for a while...and then watch the uproar.

Indeed, I dont use Plex anymore due to the state of the UWP app, but I've just ordered an Oculus Go that has Plex support, which might tempt me back into the Plex ecosystem.

• HammyHavocHammyHavoc Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

My whole family uses Plex UWP on Surfaces, Windows phones, and always connected PCs. If Plex were to ditch their UWP then I'd unfortunately have to find something else than Plex.

I'm just gonna bump this one in a while to keep it near the top.

As of today 2018 May 20 the results are:

The Future of the Plex Client on Windows 10 - A Poll For Customers
    132 votes

78% 103 votes

7% 10 votes

I don't have a preference (I have both) so I'll use either/or.
    5% 7 votes

I've moved on / don't care what is decided.
    9% 12 votes

• talz13talz13 Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just put my .02 in, another vote for X86... How many ARM devices are still in use? Looks like the Surface 2 (non-pro) from 2013 is the last non-x86 in the Surface line.

@talz13 said:
    Just put my .02 in, another vote for X86... How many ARM devices are still in use? Looks like the Surface 2 (non-pro) from 2013 is the last non-x86 in the Surface line.

Here's one that's very new... https://windowscentral.com/hp-envy-x2-review

Of course, the fifth option would be "A UWP App that works on all Windows 10 devices", but that would be the obvious answer.