If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Oculus Go and Sync

mattnzmattnz Posts: 35Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Does anyone know if we will be able to sync to Oculus Go and use it for offline viewing (eg while on a plane)?

Comments

• evanshrugggedevanshruggged Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yeah, I ordered the Go and was hoping the same thing. Seems fairly easy technically to do it, hardware seems more than capable of handling it. Probably needs some development to make it happen?

• vanhalen26vanhalen26 Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I sure hope so, primary reason I ordered the 64gb was syncing media.

• WAYFLIXWAYFLIX Posts: 389Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I was under the impression you could but I see no way to do it in the app.

PMS: 2013 i7 iMac, OSX 10.13.X

Storage: Drobo 5D DAS via Thunderbolt.

Connection: DOCSIS 3.1 1000/35, Internal Network 1GBs wired, 802.11ac wireless.

• mattnzmattnz Posts: 35Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Does the Oculus show as a sync target within Plex Web? Hopefully it should once it is logged in to the server?

• scottbissscottbiss Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

it does not show the Oculus as a sync target via the web app

• FL0YDFL0YD Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass, TunerTester Plex Pass

The app tells me that there is no content of the Oculus, so there must be some way of getting it on there.

• TeknoJunkyTeknoJunky Posts: 124Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

you can connect via usb and copy files from pc

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 17,434Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

You cannot Sync to any of the Plex VR apps. If you manually copy files to the device, you can then select "This Device" from the server selector and view that file.