If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Help flinging from the Plex android app to Plex KODI

fmaster1994fmaster1994 Posts: 1Members

Hello,

I am trying to fling videos from my phone to Plex installed on Kodi. However, every time I do so I receive a Playback Failed error. If I select the same video in KODI it plays perfectly. I am using the Plex android app v4.4 and the KODI v0.1.4. I can fling completely fine to my Chromecast but not to KODI. Any advice on how to fix this?

Tagged:

Answers

• HitsVilleHitsVille Posts: 882Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@fmaster1994 said:
    Hello,

I am trying to fling videos from my phone to Plex installed on Kodi. However, every time I do so I receive a Playback Failed error. If I select the same video in KODI it plays perfectly. I am using the Plex android app v4.4 and the KODI v0.1.4. I can fling completely fine to my Chromecast but not to KODI. Any advice on how to fix this?

I don't think Plex for Kodi supports flinging yet.

HitsVille

• ruukruuk Posts: 39Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Correct, that feature isn't in yet. Some work has been done, but I don't have an ETA for when it will be finished.