If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Infinite reboot loop on LibreElec/Raspberry Pi

SystemSystem Posts: 284 Plex Employee
This discussion was created from comments split from: (ONLY FOR SERIOUS TESTERS) Bleeding Edge Testing Releases.

Comments

• alfie_originalalfie_original Posts: 5Members ✭✭

WARNING official kodi repo 1.4 script version causes infinite loop reboot in Raspberry.
    Please check

• ruukruuk Posts: 39Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@alfie_original said:
    WARNING official kodi repo 1.4 script version causes infinite loop reboot in Raspberry.
    Please check

I'll need a Kodi log, since I'm not seeing that here.

edited May 3

@ruuk said:

@alfie_original said:
    Please check

I'll need a Kodi log, since I'm not seeing that here.

Double checked. Fresh libreelec working without addon. Once installed then infinite loop rebooting.

https://pastebin.com/eGt00m6h

script 1.3 ran fine

Split this to avoid cluttering the other thread.

I've attached a special build that reverts the one change that I think could possibly be triggering this. Please try it out and let me know if it fixes the issue.

Thanks,
    Rick

This build is working now.
    It would be great to fix it as soon as possible in Kodi repo.

Thanks,
    Alfie

@alfie_original said:
    This build is working now.
    It would be great to fix it as soon as possible in Kodi repo.

Thanks,
    Alfie

Yeah, I'll update it, though this appears to be a bug with Kodi on the Raspberry Pi or possibly LibreElec specifically. The crash was happening before the add-on ran any code, and it's not happening on any other platform. The add-on has a small script that runs on startup that checks to see if the setting to auto-start the add-on is true. The only change I made wasn't even in code, just the addon.xml setting that determines when that script is run. I changed it back to starting on Kodi start rather than on login (on login is useful if you use multiple profiles).

Pushed to the Kodi official repo, pending mirror updates.

• azza1968azza1968 Posts: 2Members

Thanks Alfie and ruuk,

this fixed my issue also.

Thankfully I only use two other add-ons, so was able to diagnose the cause before any tufts of hair and curses were flung around the living room.

Cheers,
    AzzA