If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex on Xbox One X loses video signal

mccann76mccann76 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

More recently when playing movies on Plex using my Xbox One X, as the movie starts, I lose signal with the HDMI - the TV notes signal lost. When I go back to the Plex menu, the signal returns.

If i restart my xbox it works.....for awhile.

suggestions?

Best Answers

Answers

• SoundtweakerSoundtweaker Posts: 54Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Try a new hdmi cable?

• ohmbrewohmbrew Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I’m having the same issue. It’s definitely a new problem which arose from the latest app update for me.

• PlexvxxPlexvxx Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am having the same issue on xbox one x. Disabling display mode switching fixed it.

• MoussaMoussa Posts: 1,630Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Please do post logs if you're affected, so that we can investigate a proper fix.

• mariner9mariner9 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Moussa said:
    ... uncheck the Allow Display Mode Switching option in the app settings to disable the feature.

Worked for me... Thank you!

• Christian412Christian412 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 15

I am experiencing the same issue, seems to be intermittent.

• GaryMcLGaryMcL Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 19

Same issue for me, only happens with 1080p videos. Lower quality loads fine. Tried uploading the log but keep getting "the file failed to upload"