If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Subtitles & Stuttering

TheStaxTheStax Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So whenever I use subtitles with movies or shows on my Xbox One Plex begins to freeze, stutter or stops to buffer. This has only been happening with the more recent updates I had no issues with subtitles before a month or so ago. I know the big difference between using subtitles and not is that the videos are being transcoded but I don't understand why this wasn't an issue before and why it is now.

Answers

• MoussaMoussa Posts: 1,630Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Hi there. Are your subtitles image based? If they are then they will need to be burned into the video stream. In that case check the server logs to check the speed the server is transcoding the video stream at. If it's less than 1.0x then you're not going to be able to keep up in real time.