If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

App settings lost at every start

Hi,

I have a Samsung HG32EE690 (Hospitality model) and load Plex from SmartHub (version 2.005)
and everytime I launch the app I must enter my pin code, load my language I do my settings
the option "Auto login last user and skip pin code" is activated but do nothing, all settings are always lost

I also try with sideloading version 2.010, and the issue is the same, I also do a factory reset of TV and SmartHub but still the same...

So what could I do to resolve this?

Thanks

Best Answer

• MeldrakMeldrak Posts: 5Members ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Thanks Orca for this answer, and I finaly get it working with saving.
    In hôtel service menu and smarthub Model setting, I set a "hôtel id" number and now settings are saved
    hospitality mode is also set as standalone on Tv

Answers

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,586Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

That's exactly what hospitality models do. To prevent hotel guests messing things up, the TV will not store any settings.
    The only way I know of running apps on these models, is hooking it up to a Samsung hospitality system and install and distribute the app from there. However this is no option for single use, since these systems are expensive.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

• MeldrakMeldrak Posts: 5Members ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Thanks Orca for this answer, and I finaly get it working with saving.
    In hôtel service menu and smarthub Model setting, I set a "hôtel id" number and now settings are saved
    hospitality mode is also set as standalone on Tv