If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Auto Select 5.1 Audio Channel

astlaurentastlaurent Posts: 45Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi Guys

Long time Samsung user here but one thing that has always bugged me is a lot of my media has 2 audio tracks. A 2 channel which is considered the default or primary track and a 5.1 track. I would like to set up my samsung player to prefer 5.1 if available on the file instead of me selecting it for each piece of media. are there any options or hacks to make this happen.

Answers

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,586Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Auto selecting tracks is only possible when they are in a given language.
    You could of course make sure that you set the track you want as default to be the first one while encoding the video.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation