If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Itunes not showing up

ThatOneGuyFromITThatOneGuyFromIT Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am trying to link my iTunes media with plex. I have followed the directions on the plex how to for adding iTunes into the channels list. I have enabled it and restarted my server. Nothing shows up in the channels page, I have also added the file path to the iTunes.xml. I am having no luck with adding iTunes any help is appreciated .

Answers

• shpankeyshpankey Posts: 308Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same thing here

• tom80Htom80H Posts: 2,109Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

you can check your iTunes settings. in the "advanced" section there should be an option to share the iTunes xml file from other apps -- is this option checked?

also... do you run the Plex Media Server on the same machine where your iTunes is installed?

Yes, that option is checked and yes, both are on the same machine.

This used to work, only recently did it stop working for some reason. After a plex update.

Sorry, I figured it out in my case. Windows 10 iTunes App install uninstalled the main version. Once I uninstalled the app and put back the main version of iTunes it came back.

Thanks!