If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

New Plex Web release added signal strength, but can't seem to find it.

pbenzschawelpbenzschawel Posts: 163Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited May 9 in Plex Web App

Looking at the release notes for 3.52.1 for PlexWeb, one of the features states:

NEW:

Added signal strength to channels in Live TV Setup and Manage Channels

I launched the Plex Web app via http://app.plex.tv and verified it's the latest version, however have checked both those areas and did not see anything. I tried with an existing WinTV Quad HD and adding a HDhomerun Extend. Can somebody show me where I should be seeing this?

Very excited for this feature, hoping in the future it will be something incorporated into the clients to see signal strength when viewing Live TV.

Best Answer

Answers

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 30,241Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

in Live TV Setup and Manage Channels

which means you'll only see it during setup of the live tv feature.
    It is mainly intended to help you select the right channel if you have the same station listed on several transponders.

Got help? Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
  • pbenzschawelpbenzschawel Posts: 163Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@markus101 Thank you for the very thorough response. I appreciate it!