If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex music with Sonos "cannot connect to Plex"

jwahome2002@gmail.comjwahome2002@gmail.com Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am running PMS off of my desktop PC. I can access PMS from any Android / OS device as well as from any PC anywhere. I can see my music contents - songs, artists and playlists - from the Sonos app on my android phone. When I try to play, I get an error saying it cannot connect to Plex. I am currently in BOOST mode and have my Sonos plugged in directly to my Google Wifi Router (primary point). I have been trying to resolve this for weeks. Please help!

Tagged:

Answers

• daybyday_dedaybyday_de Posts: 2Members

I just added the new Plex service to my SONOS system, but to no avail. SONOS says it cannot find any Plex Server. My Plex server is on a QNAP NAS and can be found by all other of my clients (IOS, Android, macOS, Windows, LG TV). What can I do?

• daybyday_dedaybyday_de Posts: 2Members

Now it is all OK. I just found a doc here, that I had to activate remote access on my Plex server. Now it works. Sorry!

• johnclaytonjohnclayton Plex-ifier of Smart Speakers Montana, USAPosts: 68Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@jwahome2002@gmail.com Looks like an issue with NAT loopback. Is your Google Wifi up to date? IIRC working NAT loopback is a recent addition? If you've had the router for a while you might try removing and recreating the NAT rule. I'm guessing the BOOST being on the LAN instead of the Sonos itself is what's preventing PMS from discovering it.