If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Anyone else have to play a video twice for it to start?

jackcadejackcade Posts: 4Members ✭✭

(Latest firestick, latest plex version as of May 11 2018). I press, plex plays maybe 5 seconds, then jumps back. I press play again and then it plays for real. This happened with one of the newer updates somewhere a few weeks ago, I think.

Answers

• xxjclarksterxxxxjclarksterxx Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes I have that issue too no idea what it is....

• ShanetdShanetd Posts: 96Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm using the Nvidia Shield TV and have the same problem. It's actually been happening to me for a while now.

• rmhochmanrmhochman Posts: 11Members ✭✭

Same issue on both my Fire TV Gen 3 pendants. Haven't checked to see if occurring on my Fire TV Gen 1 or my Roku TV

• MuhlisahhhMuhlisahhh Posts: 2Members

Have the same issue on my latest Fire Stick. Plays for a second then if in playlist moves to the next video and plays fine or if stand alone video it asks if I want to replay the video as if it's completed. Happens every single time I select a video to play. All are direct play.

• OliverTeglhusOliverTeglhus Posts: 14Members ✭✭

Yea. This seems to only be a issue for the first media file that is being played.

• jamesonpjamesonp Posts: 6Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue

• planefamilyplanefamily Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

same on firetv2, firetv3, fire stick.

• cjackson234cjackson234 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same exact issue for me as well. I'm running the shield TV as well.

• ElWigElWig Posts: 11Members ✭✭

Same here. Latest firestick and plex client from the Amazon store (which is not the latest available on the release page BTW). Also getting the crashes mid-playback that others are reporting and when hitting play to resume at that point I've also had the client just hang and not load the movie requiring that I exit back to the menu manually and try to restart it again.

• vmedia6201vmedia6201 Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes, but not every time. I've watched 2 videos today and didn't have the problem.

I have the Fire TV 2nd gen. Using it with wired Ethernet.

• fluke77fluke77 Posts: 2Members

Yes. It stalls when starting and I have to back out and restart the video in order for it to start buffering/playing. This is on Fire TV 3

• lersveenlersveen Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've been having the same problem for good while on a SONY KD49XD8305. It always stops playing after a few seconds on the first try, then next try it works. Curiously, subtitles continue playing on that first try.

I've tried everything. Made sure I have the newest Android TV version and app version, I've reinstalled the app (and cleared all data), I've changed around settings on the server and in the app. Nothing makes a difference.

Please fix this.

• CrowleyhomeCrowleyhome Posts: 2Members

This has been happening to me as well. Fire TV 2nd Gen. This only started happening recently, within the last few months I believe. I recently purchased a Roku 4 and it does NOT happen on that device.