Ubuntu 16.04 - Playback stops, PMS becomes unreachable, but service is still "active and running"
- PMS 184.108.40.20603 on Ubuntu 16.04
- 8 cores of a 24 Core Xeon E5 @ 1.8Ghz
- Media stored on G-Drive via plexdrive v5.0
- Home ISP is symmetrical gigabit speed over fiber (Comcast Gigabit Pro)
- Player is a local client: RasPlex on RPi2 (Direct Play)
Every time I use plex for long durations of time (over 2 consecutive hours), playback drops, and PMS becomes unreachable. In this linked Plex Media Server.log file, the crash happened at 10:17pm or 10:18pm. Host server logs show less than 10% resource utilization for RAM and CPU consumption. My home internet connection is rock solid, fiber backbone with ubiquti gear, and no drops or network problems in logs.
systemctl status plexmediaserver shows PMS as "active(running)" even when it's unreachable.
With next to zero information to go on, I'm not even sure where to start. The only way I've found to get it working again is just to restart PMS and plexdrive in tandem, any time it happens (which is every day).
My knee jerk reaction was to blame plexdrive, but that wouldn't make the entire plex server unreachable, it would just make the media inaccessible.