If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Stuttering video but Audio sounds fine

wesleycarotherswesleycarothers Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have h.265 1080p movies running fine on all the players in my house except for on my 2 xbox one S. both are showing the server as nearby and are direct streaming the content like all of my other players (Roku, Web on PC, PC plex player, and amazon fire TV). the Xboxs are the only ones having the playback issues of the h.265 movies. any fixes for this issue? i would really like to not have to re-rip my movies in h.264 just because my xboxs are not playing the content correctly. the issue I'm having is that the videos are stuttering rapidly but they sound fine.

Answers

• jeffhayjeffhay Posts: 1Members

Yes, this is happening to me, too. Xbox One X from a Synology NAS. Player and server software are up to date. h.265/AC3 5.1 1080p. No transcoding.

Really fast stuttering, like it's dropping frames but the audio is fine.

• madman2014madman2014 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 20

I have the same issue, identical set up. I don’t think this issue has been answered or addressed. Please advise.