If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Restore purchased app

I previously purchased the Windows Store app back when it was a paid app. However, now when I want to use the app, it says I need to pay for an in-app purchase in order to have regular functionality (such as videos longer than 1 minute). I contacted Plex support by email and they replied that I should do these steps:

• Uninstall the Plex for Windows app
  • Sign out of the Microsoft Store on the computer
  • Reboot the computer
  • Sign in to the Microsoft Store using the same Microsoft account that made the original purchase
  • Download the Plex app fresh

I did this, but nothing's changed. My Windows Store order history shows that I purchased the app previously. The email from Plex support said to post on the forums if I'm still having issues, so here I am. Please let me know how to restore full functionality that I previously paid for. Thank you.

Answers