If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Latest 6.17.0 Update has broken Plugins playback capabilities

stickyikistickyiki Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've noticed that the latest 6.17.0 update for Android has broken playback capabilities for content from Plugins. Anything I try to play will show a 'Unable to play media' error. I've noticed this behavior on both mobile and Android TV.

Comments

• Costp001Costp001 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

That's happening to everyone since 6.16.... going back to 6.15 works like a charm. I would like to help debugging but I suspect plex team is working on it...

• brimurbrimur Posts: 59Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is the second time this has happened in the last few weeks, first the Chromecast app update broke the ability to cast Plugins/Channels and now that is fixed the Android app itself was updated and broke Plugins/Channels. How no one in the dev team checks this during testing/QA is beyond me?

• itsame,marioitsame,mario Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I sideloaded 6.15 but I still can't load any of my vides on my Sony Bravia. They just hang and eventually gives an error that the server cannot be found.

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Posts: 3,735Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@itsame,mario said:
    I sideloaded 6.15 but I still can't load any of my vides on my Sony Bravia. They just hang and eventually gives an error that the server cannot be found.

What do you mean with "my videos"? Videos from your own library or videos from Plex plugins? I ask because this thread is about plugins.