If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How to take Screenshots of RasPlex

tonyselftonyself Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi guys,

I am building some RasPlex players on RasPi Zero Ws which I am wanting to install in a small hotel I am involved in. I have got the build working fine so far, but I need to put together some simple instructions for the guests and the staff. I am looking for a way to take some screenshots of the UI to put in the documentation, but I am having trouble.

I came across a utility called "scrot" which looks ideal, but it doesn't look as if LibreELEC will allow me to install it on RasPlex. Is there a way that this can be installed on RasPlex or is there an alternative utility that will work.

Any advice or guidance you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tony Self

Best Answers

Answers

• tonyselftonyself Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks for the response. Do you know where the screenshots taken will be stored?

• tonyselftonyself Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ok. Have taken my first screenshot successfully and know where it's been stored.

Thanks for you help Alan